XXXV

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

~ mentions of suicide/self-harm

♛♛♛

The air was crisp and cold, loitering goosebumps on the human flesh.

Julius and Hazel sat high in the sky, beneath the city lights. A table atop the city's tallest building, with the entire world beneath their gaze.

The night was lively with people bustling all around the streets and roads, the laughter of children and the sways of drunk college kids forming insensitive curses into the night, all high as a kite.

But beyond that lay the rest of the world. So massive, yet so frail. Buildings in the cityscape and the lights that reflected directly into their gazes, and those gazes looked straight into one other.

The breeze has turned the young woman's cheeks crimson and her complexion pallid. His hair was disheveled and tumbled down to the point of falling, and his features were defined yet veiled by the shadows.

Under the stars, the girl smiles. A bright, youthful smile that represented love.

It was the couple's last night together, the night where they spent their last conversations, their last touches and gentle laughs. It wouldn't be forever, though for the intuition of both...it felt as if it were.

The past few days were spent with nights of kisses, movies, and tickles. Hazel's scent now lingered in his sheets from the number of nights she spent sleeping in his arms. And Hazel's wardrobe filled with the many puffer jackets, shirts and hoodies of Julius'.

She hadn't planned on returning them to him, not when he was to leave. And Julius knew well when she used his clothes, he wouldn't be getting them back. He was fine with it though, he didn't mind.

As the breeze brushed gently, Hazel snuggled her head into his chest further. He wore a large jacket tonight, one that made him feel like a teddy bear. His legs are adorned in dark jeans and red sneakers to compliment that.

Hazel wore a large shirt, baggy jeans, and one of his puffer jackets that kept her awfully warm.

The two are resting on a lounge outside the uproar restaurant's terrace. With a cigarette in one hand and her body in the other, he embraced her as she embraced him.

"I'm ready," Hazel speaks for the first time in a while, suddenly breaking the silence that was dead.

"Are you sure?" he whispers into her hair, the smell of his cologne and mint and tobacco comforting her. She nods with complete assurance, her eyes fluttering to so many places along his face.

Julius felt compelled by her gaze, every spot her eyes grazed seemed to leave a burning trail of fire along with his skin.

The woman shifts underneath him, she places one of her hands on the top of his chest and begins tracing patterns, calming her mind from the storm.