XXIII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

♛♛♛

Five more steps until her feet would be pointed to her front door.

Five more steps until her current happiness was taken from her.

Five more steps—

Her phone rang, interrupting her thoughts, and she reached for it, picking it up without checking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hazel!" Gracie's husky voice was heard on the other side of the line, making her heart jolt with excitement.

"Hi, Gracie!"

She burst into laughter when she heard Trace yelling her name in the background.

"Are you busy right now? We wanted to see if you were up for a movie night?"

The offer was enough for Hazel's eyes to dart towards her front door. A dilemma to not take another five steps was enough for her.

"Definitely." Hazel exhaled quickly, nearly breathing heavily. Trace clapped her hands happily in the background while Gracie laughed.

"Great! Come over to our place. Do you need the address again?"

"No, I should be fine."

"Cool, we'll see you soon!"

With that, Hazel hung up and looked down at her phone in a daze.

She was relieved to know that she would be spending some of her night away from home. Maybe she'd be able to stay out until they'd passed out.

Nonetheless, she planned to spend some time with her girlfriends. Having female friends who didn't despise you for no apparent reason was the highlight of her life.

Therefore, Hazel scrambled back into her car and began the journey over to Gracie's and Trace's.

♛♛♛

"I cannot believe how stunning this girl is." Trace said with her arms folded, looking straight into the eyes of Hazel.

She blushed and looked down at her fuzzy socks. Normally she'd were plain white ones with her air forces—because of work—but it seemed whoever picked her clothes out this morning decided on the fuzzy ones.

"You both are really beautiful," Hazel mentioned looking between Gracie and Trace. Gracie smiled and pecked her cheek once.

"Enough of this flirting, are we going out to watch a movie or—