XXV

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

♛♛♛

Delicate caresses on her cheek were what had her eyelids flutter open.

Light shone through the room, needing her to adapt to the strong light before she was aquatinted with the cream, coloured ceiling.

For a brief while, the motions came to a halt, allowing her to realise that the movements were being made in the first place.

Her eyes jerked to the side, catching sight of a bubble of darkness that engulfed one portion of her vision.

Fisting her eyes with her hands, once she reopened them she discovered a certain man by her side.

His dark hair was strewn across his forehead and piled carelessly on top of his head. Her caramel eyes collided with his grey mists of sparkling silver.

"Juls?" She mumbled groggily, the feeling of sleep still fresh in her throat.

He didn't show any emotion, but his movements on her cheek continued.

"Just got back, found you passed out on the floor." He muttered grimly but quietly, as normal.

Hazel didn't really care what he had said because hearing his voice confirmed that she wasn't dreaming and that he was really with her.

Slowly, a warm smile encircled her bewildered look, and her arms wrapped themselves around his neck.

Hazel nestled her head in his neck as she hugged him closely, feeling a familiar sensation of protection. She felt truly safe now, so safe.

But what was worse, she felt at home.

His arms outstretched around her lithe frame, only his two black-clothed arms covering her entire body.

"I've missed you so much," She whispered, not even caring that she sounded so vulnerable.

He let out a breath of amusement, his arms tightening around her waist and he pulled her inconceivably closer.

"I've missed you too."

Her heart fluttered and her eyes blinked with happiness.

He was here.

After four weeks of not seeing him or hearing him or feeling him, she could finally do all of those things.

"You aren't hurt?" He murmured into her hair, easing his arms once his question was released.

"No, they didn't see me," She released one of her arms and drew it down to her waist, pressing his arms back against her.