XXII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘈 𝘚𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

♛♛♛

His lips parted as he enveloped her lips. His lips were exactly as soft as she had imagined.

In a hesitant second, her mouth moved against his. She took it slowly, allowing herself to really absorb and feel him.

There were so many sensations that they were nearly overwhelming. His lips, his touch, his taste. Everything was amazing in a way, with sparks flashing through her bloodstream like fiery rain.

Her thoughts turned to jello; she would have collapsed if she wasn't sitting down, but she knew he would have caught her. He always did.

A hand went to cup his cheek, deepening the kiss further as she brought her body closer. He tasted sweet. Like mint and...strawberry?

The fingers on his cheek climbed to his hair and ran between the strands of his silky, soft hair. The caress of his lips and the sensation of it against her fingertips had her soaring in the clouds.

One last touch to her lips, they broke their contact away. Hazel was breathing hard against his scarlet lips, her forehead brushing against his.

She smiles through it all. Her first kiss. It was just what the movies said it would be. Breathtaking and magical.

A faint giggle left her mouth, her mind light and easy and it felt like every single wrong thing in her life was taken from her and turned into this spring of happiness.

"What's funny, angel?"

His deep voice pierced her ears and warmed her heart. It was scratchy again, but deep and quiet just how she loved it.

"Nothing." She opened her eyes and leaned her head backwards, her hand still in his hair and the other still on his cheek.

Upon realising this, she gradually detangled her hands from his hair and cheek. As her hand left his cheek, she looked up at him when his hand had laced through hers.

His eyes shone brightly in the moonlight, and his features were lightened but darkened. She sensed his gentleness in the way his thumb brushed over her skin and his head tilted to the side to examine her.

"That was my first kiss." She blurted out. She felt the need to let him know, she didn't why but she did.

She watched his chest rise and fall slowly, suddenly having a temptation to run her fingers along the scars and tattoos beneath. She blushed at the thought.

"Are you okay?" He looked at her almost blankly but the tenderness behind his words assured her heart to beat rapidly.

"Yes, I'm fine. Great actually." She admitted and looked away from him.