XXIX

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

♛♛♛

The illuminated city lights drowned all that was around.

Her eyes fell from one building to another, the beautiful city night captivated her to no other.

The soon to be couple had ventured to the city for dinner. Well, Julius surprised her.

Without knowing where they were going tonight, Hazel had taken his advice on wearing something 'warm' seriously.

She was layered in baggy, black cargo pants, a baby pink cropped cardigan for the top, and one of Julius's puffer jackets.

He had given it to her before they left the house, simply stating that she'd be cold. And he was right, it was freezing out here.

Nevertheless, she loved the warmth of his jacket. And the smell.

"It's so pretty," She twirled around on her feet, her eyes sparkling under the golden lights, the biggest grin on her face as she returned to his side.

As she went side by side with him, her arm looped around his; the further they strolled, the more crowded it became.

"Are you sure this isn't too soon?" She mumbled, tightening her hold on his arm.

"No. Do you think it's too soon?" He looked down and rose a brow.

She shook her head immediately. "Definitely not. I just don't want you to feel like you have to do this if you aren't ready."

He brought her hand to his lips, those silver intense eyes brought magic to her cheeks.

"I'm more than ready for you, Hazel."

She blushed entirely, her heart melting and her body warming. "So am I, Juls." She replied.

His gaze blinked away as they walked down and past a few open stores. She immediately recognised one of them; it was the same vintage store where Julius had bought her record player.

"I brought my record player you bought me," Hazel said as she drags her gaze away.

She smelt a puff of smoke fall from her side, looking up, Julius was indeed smoking.

"Mhm?"

"Yeah, it's in the suitcase. I wrapped it in bubble wrap and hid it in lots of clothes so it wouldn't break." Shamefully, she looked into his silver eyes which glowed underneath the street lights.