XXXIII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦

♛♛♛

Underneath the curved roof, the windows aligned around the room had created a spotlight for the two. Her head was pressed against the rhythm of his heart, as his fingers glided softly and delicately across the keys.

The music perfectly captured what the two were feeling. Its notes floated around them, symbolising their love.

"When did you learn how to play?" Hazel asks just as he drops the very last note.

Those glowing eyes kneeled to her as he spoke. "There was an old piano in the cellar."

The vague answer had answered all for her.

"Julius," She called questionably. His arm tightened its hold around her, his eyes flickering to her lips. "Yes, Angel?"

A circle she traced against his thigh, then she continued it repeatedly. "The night we met, do you think it was destiny?"

Her eyes turned curious, they were innocent and soft. Just as an angel's.

"I think so," He replied, reaching his hand to her cheek.

She smiles, "I think so too."

Hazel closed her eyes, embracing the touch of his palm.

It had been a week now. Between those days, Julius and Hazel had spent every free moment together.

They both had work, she had college and was studying as exams were coming up, but whenever they were together, they would make the most out of it.

The more days passed, however, the closer they got to the end of the fourteen days. They had one more week together, and Julius had assured her that the time away would be longer this time.

Hazel felt ready; she understood he had to travel and accepted it. But she had a suspicion that when the time came, things wouldn't be as simple as they appeared.

"I got you something," Hazel pulls away from him gently, one of her hands scurrying into her hoodie pocket.

"It's just a little something to remind you of me when you're gone," She blushes and hands him the jewellery box.

The velvety black box sat smoothly on his wide palm, his fingertips brushing across it, and she indicates for him to open it as he looks up.

Hazel's wide eyes follow the opening of the lid with eager anticipation. A necklace identical to the one Julius had given her was stored inside the box. It was a silver chain, with a silver rose pendant connected at the bottom.

It wasn't as beautiful as her own, where there was emerald green attached to hers and whereas his was just plain silver, but still, she seemed it was perfect for him.