XIV

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴

♛♛♛

~~~

"Liana!" She called, racing up the staircase, almost tripping up the last step.

Her steps halted just outside her sister's room, knocking twice before she entered.

After waiting a few moments, Liana hadn't responded. Hazel frowned and abruptly entered the room, expecting to find Liana asleep or listening to music quietly.

Instead, the room was empty. She trailed her eyes towards the walk-in bathroom just across from her bed.

She's showering.

"Liana," Hazel called softly behind the door, knocking twice again. "I'm ready to go when you are? Just don't take too long, the movie starts in twenty minutes—minus the credits." She mumbled the last part.

When no answer came, Hazel became a little worried.

Hazel went to turn the knob, also expecting it to be locked. It wasn't.

She closed her eyes and opened the door, not wanting to walk in on her sister naked yet she wanted to make sure she hadn't fallen or hurt herself.

"Liana?" She whispered again, eyes still closed.

No reply came again.

Now Hazel was worried, and she had to open her eyes. The two took baths together when they were younger, it wasn't any different now.

Amongst those thoughts, Hazel opened her eyes and regretted her decision with her entire life.

A blood-curling scream left the frightened girls mouth at the sight in front of her.

~~~
"Hazel!"

She shot up from her bed, eyes wide and scared, body cold with sweat.

Her heart was beating at an abnormal pace, her head was spinning with memories she had buried long ago. It was shocking she had another one of those dreams again, she hadn't had one in a fairly long time.

Banging on her bedroom door snapped her out of the daze she was paralysed in.

"Open the door, Hazel!" Her mother slurred behind her bedroom door, openly pounding her fists against it.