XLII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝟮𝟰, 𝟰𝟴, 𝟳𝟯.

♛♛♛

Beneath the stars were a couple so profoundly in love. A treasurable moment for the two.

Even if they were polar opposites, they both loved like they never had before.

"This is our third night doing this, Juls." She looks over at him, away from the stars.

The grass tickled her skin, just like the touch of his fingers did.

"You like it don't you?" He softly questioned, his eyes still far up in the sky, unaware of where her gaze had rested.

"I love it." She said.

The melody of buzzing grasshoppers and a gentle wind allowed their words to linger in the air.

Each star in the night sparkled, matching their own gleams too.

"Can I ask you something, Juls?" She turns her eyes to the sky again, while he lets his fall to hers.

"Sure, Angel."

She took a long breath in, hesitancy surfacing suddenly. Julius, on the other hand, had placed her hand in his, calming her soul and reminding her who it was she was with.

"Do you think we'll be together forever?"

Silence occurs after her words. A silence of thought.

Soon, Julius breaks his peaceful composure into a smile. Allowing his demeanour to turn vulnerable to her.

"I think we will be. As long as we're with each other, yes?" He caresses her cheek with the back of his fingers, allowing her gaze to drop to his again.

She smiled.

"That's right." She gives in to his touch, allowing her cheek to be held by his hand.

At that moment, a thought crosses her mind. One that made her smile drop so suddenly.

"And what about if we're not, Juls?" She swallows the fear down her throat, the mere question lingers in the air, unanswered.

Julius decided to slant up and look down at her. An assuring look in his eye as he cups her cheek too.

"We'll find each other again," He said, lightly stroking her cheek.