XXXIV

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

♛♛♛

The drive back home was silent but somewhat filled with wholeness.

Julius stayed quiet while she hummed to the soft music. With the wind streaming in through the single window, he held a single cigarette between his two fingers.

At last, they arrived home. Hazel immediately went to take a shower, while Julius took the opposite route and went to cook dinner.

Today's air was cooler, thicker, and heavier than usual. It could have been the storms and winds, but who knows; all she knew was that it felt cold.

After Hazel had dressed, her vinyl was absently playing away on her desk.

A copy of 'Wouldn't It Be Nice by The Beach Boys was the cause of her distraction, dancing and moving around her room like a helpless chicken.

It was her ultimate comfort song, where she had first picked it up from the 2004 movie '50 First Dates'—also one of her comfort movies.

The soft hum of the lyrics swarmed loudly all throughout the room, mending with her in happiness.

Amongst dancing and singing, Hazel had picked up on the habit of cleaning the mess across her floor. Clothes piling after each other, her arms moved swiftly to pick them up.

Something she didn't know yet was the man standing at the doorway just steps away from her, watching her with eyes of amusement yet so much amazement.

Stepping into the room, Hazel had then caught the sight of his looming figure.

Once he walked in, he was immediately noticeable; his physique was large enough to dominate the room, yet it was always overpowering the light; his darkness always veiled the light.

Hazel kept her grin intact as the tranquillity and exhilaration flooded through her body, and for some reason she didn't understand, she took his hand in hers and pulled him close.

"Happy times together we've been spending, I wish that every kiss was never-ending...oh, wouldn't it be nice..."

She seizes control and twirls her body around while lifting his arm into the air. Julius swapped dominance and now drew her by the waist and danced with her as if she was the only one who existed.

The moment was surreal in time. The laughter from the woman's soul filled the room with light. His face was expressionless, but his twitching lips revealed his contempt to what he was concealing.

The song ended with a final spin, and the young woman was flesh against the hardness of his chest. She was inhaling deeply and smiling as brightly as a child on Christmas morning.