XVIII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘞𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯

♛♛♛

Early the next morning, Hazel woke up at a time that she most definitely wouldn't wake up on her day off from school and work.

So, certainly, rising at 7 a.m. on a free Saturday morning was considered obscene. Her body, on the other hand, awoke on its own, and the continual reminder that she was heading out of town for the day with her current best friend and also current hopeless crush.

Hazel was a lot more jittery today. When she was out with friends, it took her a bit to warm up, and Julius was the only one who didn't make her uneasy. Today, though, was different.

Last night, a dream occurred to her, one that wasn't particularly familiar or had ever been conceded. Even thinking about it made her squirm. Everything was magnified and heated. The sounds, feelings, and sensations.

Never, ever, Trevor has Hazel had a wet dream.

Especially not one of him.

And now it made the whole morning encounter significantly awkward for her.

The dream wasn't at all bad not in the sense of actually becoming intimate but it was just her and him kissing, making out to be exact.

But wow, if she was being honest, it was a girls' dream to have dreamt of their crush kissing them.

Regardless, Hazel was going to do her best to function normally. It was the most she could do for herself, although she had no control over her cheeks turning beet red.

Hazel had brushed her teeth and completed her basic skincare routine. She'd changed into her normal attire, baggy jeans and an oversized shirt, and slipped into her pale pink ugg boots for the time being.

Julius' necklace was still on her neck, and she hadn't taken it off since he gave it to her. She rubbed moisturiser onto her hands before slipping many rings onto her fingers. The day, from what Hazel could tell, wasn't going to be all sunshine and heat; in fact, it was going to be quite the opposite.

Looking out her window, she noticed both her parents' cars pull out of the driveway and onto the street, interrupting her stream of thinking. That was her cue to go downstairs, knowing they'd left and she wouldn't have to engage with them.

Breakfast wasn't a daily thing. If she had time to eat she would, if she didn't then her stomach would have to wait until lunch.

Since Hazel doesn't eat it that often, she looked between the old looking banana or the large, raspberry muffin on the kitchen counter. Picking the banana up, she inspected it carefully and peeled it open.