Chapter Fourteen | Danger Zone

                Before I could continue to try to think of more bullshit to feed myself and rationalize how fucking anxiety driven I am right now due to the unknown of what's happening on the other side of the pack house, my legs begin to move. I didn't even register how fast I was running until I accidentally bumped shoulders with this girl and heard her collapse onto the floor with the loudest and hardest thump I'd ever heard.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that I didn't break the bones in her butt or back; I wasn't sure how she fell since I didn't turn around to check or make sure. Sure, it was an asshole move but I was slowly becoming more and more of an asshole as days passed so I might as well get used to it. Or change. Yeah, I think it'd be better to change. At least when it came to Xander. I didn't want to be an asshole to him. Everyone else, I cared less about.

Everyone learned soon enough to make way for me as I made no move to politely excuse myself and would violently bump into you if you stood in my way without care. My focus was on Xander so the looks on the people I passed by didn't faze me. Even if I wasn't focused on Xander right now, it wouldn't have fazed me.

The moment I began to smell the rich intoxicating smell of sandalwood and amber, my heart began to flutter. His scent drifting up my nose urged me to run faster and so I did without thinking, without considering anything, and without hesitation. I barge into the large open concept living room that was on the Alphas side of the mansion breathlessly.

My legs slow down to a stop the moment my eyes catch Xanders darkened one's that are directed at his even angrier father who's eyes are just as black. Finnick is no where to be seen, but I see a feeble and helpless Eros sitting in the corner, watching everything unfold with his body shaking violently and his glasses sitting lopsidedly on his pale face.

This was a danger zone.

Any sane wolf would've turned around and ran away but I was not a sane wolf. Clearly since, instead of actually making use of my brain and leaving, my feet were actually moving closer to two Alpha wolves who were in a fragile state. Anything could trigger them to attack each other at any moment regardless of the fact that they shared blood relation. I doubt that they would end up fighting until someone died — I recoil just thinking about it but my feet force me to move forward and so I did — but they would fight and blood would be shed.

I clench my fist at my side as my canines reflexively begin to extend itself. Like hell will there be any of Xanders blood splattered on the floor. Calming myself down as I draw in a breath, I grow closer and watch intently as Xanders nose twitches. I can tell that he's now highly aware that I'm here as I allow my pheromones to tickle his nose and invade his senses completely.

The Alpha standoff between Xander and his father is broken as Xander head snaps around to look at me with those dangerously dark eyes of his that are void of emotion. The look makes chills run down my spin, my right leg shifting back as inner turmoil runs rampant in my head. Too fucking late to be unsure about this, Jaylin.

Swallowing, I take more steps forward slowly and cautiously. My heart beat is so loud that it feels like my ears would burst any minute now, the impending headache bubbling in my head but remaining tame for the moment. Then I reach him. I finally reach him and I started to feel like my heart was going to explode. Gazing up at him with my eyes transfixed on his face like I was under some kind of spell, I reach out to him.