¢нαρтєя Э.θб

Although it had been a week since the burglary at his apartment, Beomgyu felt more anxious than before

Although it had been a week since the burglary at his apartment, Beomgyu felt more anxious than before. Nevertheless, he had to buy food if he wanted to survive. And he was also fed up with fast food at the moment. That's why he had gone out in the evening to do his shopping at a convenience store.

If only he had known that bad luck would follow him.

No sooner did he have half of his desired belongings in his carrier basket than he discovered a dark-haired boy still in his school uniform and in the process of making a few items disappear under his jacket.

Beomgyu saw it, but made no move to stop the boy.

After what happened in his apartment, he didn't really want to get into a difficult situation. So Beomgyu tried to focus on the products in front of him. However, it didn't take long for the shopkeeper to catch on to the young thief. Because after he had tried to steal another pack of cigarettes and made a run for it, the shopkeeper had grabbed the boy by the back of his collar and held him down.

"What do you think you're doing here!?", Beomgyu heard the angry man say. His voice was loud and angry, making even the few shoppers in the store uneasy. "Aren't you going to pay for this? Do you want me to call the police?"

What the boy replied to this, Beomgyu could not hear.

But with tension, he held his own breath.

"Then call your parents!" he urged the boy. "Let them pay for the damage!"

Breathing out heavily, Beomgyu stretched his neck to see over the display. To catch a glimpse of the black-haired man searching for a number in his cell phone. A moment later he was talking to someone, but the salesman took the smartphone out of his hand and explained the situation to the person on the other line. And he did it loudly. Everyone could hear it and the student, the thief, was obviously embarrassed by it.

"Excuse me," Beomgyu said, surprised at himself as he walked toward the vendor and the thief. "Would you mind if I paid for this? It wouldn't be any trouble, and the parents have been informed now, haven't they?" His gaze fell on the boy, who was looking sadly at the ground.

At first the man seemed skeptical, but then agreed and let the boy go.

So Beomgyu bought the stolen items.

Three snacks and one pack of cigarettes. Pretty sad pickings, but when Beomgyu handed the items to the boy, he immediately opened the first candy bar.

"Are you okay?" he asked the younger boy.

"Mhm," the latter could only reply during the crunching sounds. The boy was really concentrated, but you could see in his eyes that the incident had scared him a bit. Probably he had stolen something often, but was never discovered doing it.

Why didn't he have money for the stuff either?

As he opened the second bar, he looked into Beomgyu's questioning face and bowed so low that his nose touched his shins. "Thank you!"