¢нαρтєя Ιθ.ՁՁ

With a loud crash, the windshield collapsed into thousands of splinters

With a loud crash, the windshield collapsed into thousands of splinters. It crumbled down on the young driver, obscuring his vision. The shards dug into his fingers, which he had tightly wrapped around the steering wheel, and still he drove on. He drove fast, far too fast through these alleys and Yeonjun clawed his fingernails into the seat infront of him.

The tires squealed incredibly loudly, echoing through his ears like tinnitus. He covered them, feeling the pounding of his heart and as he tried to regain a clear view of what was happening,  his eyes went black.

He saw nothing and heard only Lisa's screaming. He felt the speed of the car, the air whipping in his face, until a pain shook him.

The pain ran through his entire body, paralyzing him completely.

Yeonjun woke up breathing heavily. A distant siren had brought him out of that terrible dream, and as he looked toward the window, he saw the moon trying to fight its way through the drawn curtains. Slowly he reclined, feeling the throbbing pain in his shoulder, and the sweat on his forehead he brushed away with the back of his hand.

He had an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach, a twinge and a tug, and when he looked beside him, he found a peacefully slumbering Beomgyu. His lips were slightly parted and his hands were both placed under his cheek. He looked even cuter in the dim moonlight than he already did, but even so, Yeonjun couldn't look at this sight for long because he felt like he was on fire. He felt sweat dripping from his forehead and his hair sticking to his forehead and sat up in bed, trying to catch his breath.

So he heaved himself out of bed, staggered to the bathroom to turn on the faucet full blast. He splashed the ice-cold water on his face, washed it a few times, then held onto the sink with both hands. He felt as if his balance was leaving him.

"Fuck," came weakly from his lips as he looked in the mirror.

He looked terrible.

With dark circles under her eyes, sunken cheekbones and the glassy, sad eyes. Immediately he shook his head and realized that this was not reality. For now he looked into his dark eyes. "What am I doing here," he mumbled, then formed his hand into a bowl and held it under the stream of water to drink. He drank for a long time, not knowing how many times he had held his hand under it. He was so thirsty, but the water did not quench his thirst. He merely heard his stomach growl, felt the rumbling in it, and left the bathroom to drag himself to the kitchen. As soon as he reached the refrigerator and opened it, he knelt in front of it and stared at the contents.

It was pleasantly cool in here and he would have loved to spend the night in it. But instead he took out the ham, opened the package and devoured one slice after the other as if he hadn't eaten in days.

Why on earth was he feeling so hot?

"Yeonjun?" sounded Beomgyu's voice in the doorway of the kitchen, having woken up to the lack of heat, and eyed the elder anxiously. "What's the matter? Are you hungry?"