¢нαρтєя Ƽ.ΙΙ

"And do you want to tell me what that statement was about earlier?" asked Lalisa, ignoring Yeonjun's constant hissing as she disinfected the wound edge

"What statement?" he croaked, squeezing his eyes shut.

It burned and throbbed and it felt disgusting to have someone disinfect the wound.

"About your 'spoiled' ass," Lisa grumbled, paying no attention to the whining sounds her mate was making, because it seemed like the 23-year-old was being snotty on purpose.

A small smirk came over him, however, and he propped his head up with his healthy hand. "Oh, he said I like to be spoiled," he related, "I was just kidding."

"Do you?" retorted Lisa with a raised eyebrow.

Still, she believed Yeonjun, even if his jokes and jests seemed very crude given his temperament. He had that in common with Jeongguk.

Had.

Sighing, Lisa lowered her gaze, fighting back tears and trying to distract herself from her own grief by focusing more on the wound. "I don't know if Beomgyu took it as a joke, too. Sounded more like you wanted to get out of here quickly."

"Really?" asked Yeonjun in surprise, for he hadn't been aware of that. "I didn't mean to."

Only sometimes he didn't know how his sentences came across.

"I know you are, you're just a little - a little bit - insensitive sometimes, honey," she explained to him with a laugh, putting some gauze bandages on the wound before wrapping the bandage again. "What do you think, is he really just being coy because he doesn't want to hurt you, or do you think he finds you attractive?", Lisa whispered her question so that Beomgyu couldn't eavesdrop, although it was easy to hear him working in the kitchen.

Yeonjun thought of the tapes and the stories Beomgyu wrote. And if these were really his preferences, then he was indeed into men. But whether he found Yeonjun attractive was another question. "Do you think he does?" he asked quietly. "He seems more - I don't think he's really had any experience at it."

"And what if he had?" smiled Lisa gently. "Is inexperience bad?"

Yeonjun shook his head. "No, not bad at all," he said, though at first he didn't notice Lisa trying to squeeze something out of him. "Wait, who said I found him attractive anyway?"

A giggle escaped her and she gently patted her mate's upper arm. "No one. Absolutely no one."

Nodding in agreement, he let her sink him completely back into the pillow while she adjusted a few more. He was tired and the pain especially was sapping his strength, so he asked her to bring him another painkiller. So she sought out Beomgyu in the kitchen. It already smelled deliciously like reall good food and the girl sidled up to the boy who was still standing at the stove stirring in a pot.