¢нαρтєя ȣ.Ι7

A few hours later, Beomgyu woke up, what the 21-year-old was not sure, but when he realized that he was still in bed with the book on his chest, he must have fallen asleep

A few hours later, Beomgyu woke up, what the 21-year-old was not sure, but when he realized that he was still in bed with the book on his chest, he must have fallen asleep. His gaze fell to the side to Yeonjun, who had turned his head in his direction and was taking calm breaths that show that he was also asleep. Beomgyu didn't remember which of the two of them had fallen asleep first, but it had definitely felt good to spend half a night in his own bed again. Even if he was lying on the far edge so as not to touch or hurt Yeonjun.

But now that he was awake, he got up from the bed as slowly as he could without waking the sleeping patient.

It was pitch dark, with only the moon shining through the windows, especially in the bedroom. But that didn't seem to wake Yeonjun either, he was too exhausted from the day. So much so that he could even be heard smacking his lips softly from time to time.

And actually he had still wanted to plan what they should do now, but sleep had caught up with him quickly.

As Beomgyu tiptoed away from the bed, he heard a sudden creaking sound. It was soft, but it was not the creaking of the floorboards. Nor was it the rattling of the shutters or the footsteps of his upstairs neighbor.

It came from the direction of the entrance.

So the ghostwriter crept through the living room into the hallway. His heart was beating up to his throat and blood was rushing in his ears. After what Yeonjun had told him, he felt like he had been taken back to the day of the burglary, but he couldn't see much through the darkness. Therefore, Beomgyu gasped and flicked on the lights in the living room and hallway. Finally, he could see absolutely nothing and exhaled slightly. Stopping in front of the door, he took a peek through the peephole, but there was no one outside their apartment either.

Sighing, Beomgyu returned to the living room and picked up Yeonjun's smartphone.

Lisa had said he could call her anytime, and because he didn't feel safe enough to protect Yeonjun alone, he dialed her number.

But even after the eighth beep, no one answered.

I was seriously worried about her, but I didn't know if I should wake you up for that. Because I was aware that you really needed the rest in your condition.

It was the middle of the night, maybe she was sleeping so soundly that she couldn't hear the ringing. But that silence that arrived afterwards was even worse. It felt like the calm before the storm, and the thoughts that circled through Beomgyu's head were like a whirlwind. If those guys actually showed up here, they were screwed.

If those guys really did break in, how would they be able to defend themselves?

The beeping of the juice machine brought him out of his thoughts again. He quickly put the cell phone on the desk, because even the familiar sounds of his apartment scared him slightly. Therefore, he went back into the bedroom, crawled back to Yeonjun's side, and leaned his forehead against the sleeping boy's.