Chapter 21

"I'm back."

The boy said getting the attention of the ladies beside him. The two couldn't help but cry, they have been waiting for him to wake up since his operation had started. The two held his hands tight, as he watched them weakly.

"Eren, you're back."

He nodded his head, weakly and gave them a smile, tears fell from the boy's eyes. His mother went near him and wiped his tears. She squeezed his hands and let go of it.

"I'm gonna get the doctors okay? Wait here. Mikasa watch him please." She said in a bit of a hurry. She left the room leaving Eren and Mikasa.

"I'm so proud of you Eren... great job." She said as she held his hand, intertwining her fingers. In response he intertwined his aswell.

No words can express how happy Mikasa is, now there is more chance that her and Eren will be together. If his recovery goes well, there will be no more problems... hopefully.

Not long after when Carla came in with the doctors to check on Eren.

And luckily he's fine, no complications at all. He'll need time to recover so they had advised them to stay there for more than a week.

Surely nothing will go wrong. Everyone hoped for his recovery to be fast. He wanted to live his life normal as soon as possible. So he did everything the doctors had told him.

Two months later

His friends and family was with him all the while he recovered. They kept him company and entertainment. They took care of him and made him smile from day to day. As he recover he was able to have talks with Mikasa whenever she experiences the things that are happening to her. Eren would risk anything for Mikasa, and she would do the same if not then... more. They understood each other. Even if they aren't in the same situation they both have found ways to understand the other. The love they have for each other only bloomed more. She had tried to confess to him but there's always something getting in the way. And for Eren? Same thing happens. Every night he dreams of his family that he only see in his dreams. Carla kept begging him to stay, he wants to but Mikasa would always tell him that it's best to leave.

He promised himself that he will make the life in his dreams come true... if only he could.

...

Not long after his recovery, he was about to go back to school. With joy, he entered the school grounds with his friends. His finally content, content with his life. He was able to survive and now he is free from the curse. Now he can live his life, like any other teenagers would do.

With prom day just in reach, the students and teachers prepared for the upcoming event. Couples have been asking each other out. Eren has the perfect girl in mind, though he's scared that she'll reject him. He wanted to make it special since it's his first time asking a girl to be his date.

He had planned a picnic for them, they haven't been there for almost 3 months now so it would be perfect to bring her there.

The day before he was gonna take her there he had prepared a bunch of strawberries in any kind of delicacy. Autumn has come meaning it will be slight cold. He wore a white turtle neck and a black coat paired with black trousers and black leather boots.