07

Chapter 6

"I'm sure it's you that's watching right now which is why I'm not letting you sleep tonight." He dragged a large palm under his cheek to lie on, not blinking once since the moment I had noticed his unwavering gaze.

~~~

"So why do you hate him so much?" he enquired referring to Endeavour.

I wish that I could say that he was beginning to laze, or he was showing sign of slowing but that wasn't the case. Not that I would be able to visibly see signs of him becoming sleepy.

As he spoke, I found myself thinking of pitiful things that required more thought than what they should.

Such as what he'd look like with different coloured staples or even without them, would his skin remain intact or were they the whole reason his body stayed as one instead of splitting apart?

I had stared at him so long that that his face had began to morph into the images of him that I wanted to see. Whether I pushed an emotion I had never seen him display onto his face or versions of him that I wanted to see.

If there ever was a time where your strongest asset was also your weakest mine was now.

I had been so enthralled on what everything could be I had failed to notice it for what it was, and that was the fact I was to be surveillancing and not indulging in the desire of my mind.

By the time I had focused on what I was supposed to he was gone. My eyes rapidly flicked from one corner of the screen to the other and he was nowhere to be seen.

Launching off the bed I scurried to put my shoes on as I fiddled with the door handle flinging myself into the now dark hallway.

"Why couldn't he just fall asleep and make it easier for me." I complained as my right shoe refused to go on my foot despite it being a slip on.

"Because that would be boring." I heard a familiar voice tease, my heart lurched outside of its chest not expecting the company.

Straightening my back, I snapped my head to the sound of the noise to see Dabi leaning on the wall that separated our rooms his eyes glowing in the dark reflecting my widened ones.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." the apology was...nice? "Kitten." I was going to speak about how out of character it was for him when in turn it was simply a set up.

Frowning, I didn't react the same and he noticed it too as he pushed himself off the wall taking a single stride as it was all that was needed.

Standing directly in front of me we were almost toe to toe, our faces so close "Didn't like that one, did we?" his turquoise orbs scanned my face resting on my frown line longer than the rest making me subconsciously soften it before he landed on my eyes.

Engulfed in the moment I had no choice but to observe how his eyes reflected everything he was absorbing; he enjoyed the way that I waited until he was finished.

I couldn't help but delude myself into thinking that the corners of his mouth raised a fraction of an inch for a second.

Maybe it's because that's what I believed the moment called for, to make it so that we were on even footing and I didn't feel like prey.

Tilting his head his cool demeanour returned replacing his coquettish one.

"You're beginning to hit a state of delirium, please return to your room." I ordered although it had come out sounding as if he had a choice in the matter.

Waving a hand, he dismissed the weight of my statement but still followed my direction as he swayed over to his room.

Stopping in the doorway he swivelled his head to meet my gaze a calm one in his own "try get some sleep."

His back disappeared into the doorway as the wooden panel shut behind him, breathing out I too returned to my room.

Slumping onto the comfortable sheets I laid down staring at the ceiling a soft ache covering my entire body.

I didn't mean it in a pain that could be ignored way but in a sense that I had an ache, yet I felt soft at the same time.

Earlier I had ridiculed people who only relied on one asset with the though that I had trained my body and mind further than your average humans' capacity completely ignoring how low my self-awareness was.

Aina had once mentioned that I "Have the emotional understanding of a robot." In the fact that I had little to none.

I understood your basic emotions and how to detect them, but I never learnt how to sort through my own.

I was taught that a level head can get you many places, so I lived my life through that philosophy.

"Throw away your false hope it's disgusting." Was something that I heard at the early age of 6.

Quite a charming thing to say to a child who told you that they dreamed of becoming a Hero isn't it?

Although I dance on the very thin line between Hero and Villain, I can at least thank myself for not being completely one or the other.

~~~

Word Count: 908

Cred: Sofiasamara on insta ^ ijessbest on Tumblr (have I mentioned how much I like Sofia Samaras art style yet lol?)

Omg I'm so sorry I just realised there are so many mistakes in the last chapter 0-0

Also, I hadn't realised how long it's been since I last posted (*゜ー゜*)I hope you had a happy holidays though!

As always your postly Dabi meme

Remember to stay hydrated, have a snack if you haven't already and get a good nights sleep       (○` 3′○)