3- Childhood Memories

Oazi led Katara to a courtyard in the middle of the palace. There a young boy with bright golden eyes and black hair tied up in a ponytail ran around while his mother sat in the shade of a tree with a little girl napping on her lap.

"Ursa!" Oazi yelled in an authoritative voice.

"Yes?" A soft voice called out. The boy also stopped running around, and turned to look at Katara and his father.

"This is Katara." And with that small introduction Ozai left back to the throne room right away. Katara stood rigidly not knowing what to do.

"Katara?" The woman called to her. Katara walked over to her not knowing what else to do. "Are you new here dear?" Katara shook her head up and down. "Well how old are you dear?" Katara held up four fingers. "You're the same age as my Azula here," she gestured to the sleeping child in her arms. "That over there is my son Zuko, he's a couple of years older than you, but is still very nice. Why don't you go introduce yourself?" Katara walked up to Zuko, he also walked up to her.

"I'm Fire Prince Zuko, and you are?" Just as Katara was about to say her name Iroh and Lu Ten showed up.

"Prince Zuko, I see you are now meeting our newest princess?" Iroh asked the boy, patting him lightly on the back.

"Princess?" Zuko asked, shocked.

"Yes, Katara is my ward, and therefore Princess." Zuko held out his hand to her, unsure of what he was doing she did the same. He took her hand, and kissed the back.

"Princess," Zuko smiled at her. A coo of awes came from Iroh, Lu Ten, and Ursa. Zuko blushed furiously and stomped away.

Katara stood in the courtyard with her friends from the Royal Girls Academy and Azula. Since she had been brought here four years ago Katara was learning many different subjects at school, how to fight, and they even let her bend. But since there aren't many waterbenders in the Fire Nation, Katara was teaching herself. The girls were practicing their flips when Katara spotted Zuko and Ursa.

"Zuko!" Katara ran up to him and hugged him as she always does. "Come on!" She demanded taking his hand.

"Katara I don't have time for such things!"

"Then make time." Zuko hesitantly walked into the courtyard and by the girls. Azula smiled wickedly. She held up an apple.

"Let's play a real game now that Zuko is here." Azula grabbed Katara and steered her over to the edge of the fountain. Putting the apple on her head, she stepped back a couple paces before setting it on fire. Barley even panicking Katara bended water from the fountain and onto the apple. Zuko however did not see what she had just done. Running at full speed, he tackled her into the water. Mai, Ty Lee, and Azula all gathered around and laughed.

"Look how cute they are!" Ty Lee pointed out.

"Can you two at least not kiss in front of me!" Mai scrunched up her nose as she said this.

"Leave the two of them alone," Azula spoke, wearing a devilish grin on her face. "They have plenty of time to start dating before the wedding." Mai, Ty Lee, and Azula all burst out in laughter. Zuko stood up, and looked down at Katara. He caught himself however before he helped Katara up. Zuko was very used to always giving a hand to Katara after she fell down, but with all the teasing going on he just walked out of the fountain.

"Aren't you going to help Princess Katara up?" Ty Lee said putting an emphasis on the word Princess. Zuko looked back at her to see an unamused Katara with her hand up, waiting for him to help. Without even looking her in the eyes he helped her up. Katara looked at the girls then looked at Zuko.