10: The Blue Spirit and The Painted Lady

Footsteps thudded outside of Katara's room. She sat up in bed and opened her door. A dark figure was walking down the hallway and towards Zuko's room. Katara grabbed her waterskin and ran after the dark figure. She ran into Zuko's room ready to protect him when she found Zuko throwing away some all black clothes.

"Katara? Why are you awake?"

"I heard footsteps. I didn't know it was you." Zuko smirked seeing her waterskin.

"You were going to come save me?" Zuko asked sarcastically, grabbing Katara's hands and kissing her.

"Sure." Katara said, rolling her eyes as she blushed. She lightly pushed him away and sat on his bed. "What were you doing up?"

"I was just going for a walk," Zuko said, laying down in his bed.

"In all black clothes?" Katara leaned over him, wanting him to look her in the eyes. Zuko leaned up and kissed her, putting his hands on her waist.

"Sure, I didn't want anyone to see me." Zuko kissed her a couple more times, then wrapped her up in his arms.

"You're being very suspicious right now." Katara kept eye contact with him. Zuko extinguished the candles in the room.

"I'm tired." He closed his eyes and wrapped a blanket around the two of them. Katara also closed her eyes, but a memory was stuck in her head.

"This reminds me of how we used to sleep together after your mother disappeared." Katara whispered, remembering the pleasant memory.

"You were scared that my father was going to banish you. So you came into my room and asked me if I could protect you." Zuko added.

"I missed you so much." Katara's hands rested on his chest as her head was nestled in the crook of Zuko's neck.

"I miss my bed, no offense." Zuko chuckled.

"Me too, this bed is too tiny for two people." Katara and Zuko both held each other tightly, never wanting to let go at the chance that they might be separated for another three years.

Suki held a cold rag to Sokka's sweaty forehead. Her whole face hung low as she stared at his pale face, but forever blue eyes.

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang asked.

"Not that great." Suki answered in a quiet voice.

"How are you doing?" Aang questioned. She had been quiet ever since he got sick.

"I'm feeling fine, I've already had something like this a couple months ago. I'll be fine taking care of him."

"Suki that's not what I meant." Aang sat in front of her.

"I just hate being around sick people, it reminds me of my parents." Her brown eyes refused to look at him.

"Suki I-"

"I don't want to hear it," she snapped. "I hate talking about it so please just tell me you have good news of a cure?"

"There's a herbalist institute on the top of that mountain." Aang explained looking at one of the far peaks. "But I figured it would be easier if we just heal him the same way you got over it a couple months ago."

"I just waited it out, but we don't have time for that. If we stay here too long Zuko and Katara will get to us." Suki glared at a wall.

"Hey don't make it seem like Katara is the enemy, she's just brainwashed."

"But she is. Besides, we can't just flip a switch to make years of brainwashing go away."

"We still need to be careful around her, if anything happens to her I think Sokka will kill us."