Fifty-six

Not edited

Malik

I stared at the ground as Ares finished speaking. "She said she misses you very much," Ares spoke as I raised my head. She missed me so much but not enough to speak to me herself. I wasn't sure if I was more mad at Ahsha or just jealous of Ares. Was I not good enough for her to visit? I thought. All I got was a few fleeting moments while Ares got the chance to hold her in his arms. I mentally shook my head.

I cleared my throat before I spoke. "So, the mole is someone in our family," I said changing the subject. "She didn't confirm it but what other reason could there be for her to want us to keep any new information from them," Ares said.

I shook my head. If it was our brothers or parents that probability of Mira knowing about Ares was too great. If she knew about him then there was no doubt in my mind that she would have done something by now. "It doesn't make sense," I said aloud. "What?" Ares questioned.

"Do you truly think that Mira wouldn't be over here beating down the door if she knew you were alive?" I asked him. He fell silent. "And what does she mean we're throwing a party? What party?" I asked.

"A party to formally present you three as a couple." Ares and I both turned to see our grandfather standing in the doorway. "How do you know that? Did she visit you too?" I snapped feeling Pablo's anger mix with my own at the thought. "No, Marie did." He explained.

"She said it's like a homecoming for Ares as well as Ahsha. She also suggested we open it up to the public." Our grandfather explained. "Is that wise?" Ares asked. "I think it is. It's what tomorrow's announcement was supposed to be but on a grander scale." Our grandfather said.

I nodded my head agreeing. "Then it's settled. We're throwing a party." I said as I stood. I just wanted to go to my room before I said anything I'd regret. "We can continue this in the morning," I said heading for the stairs.

"If you're upset, then just say it," Ares called. I stopped mid-step before turning to him. "What?" I questioned. "The first contact we have with Ahsha in over a month, and you're upset that she came to me and not you." He said. I stood silent. "You nearly snapped at grandfather at the thought of Ahsha possibly visiting him. If you're upset be upset so we can deal with it, right now." He said.

"Why did she choose to visit you and not me?" I questioned. "Pablo and I only had her for a little while before she was taken from us again and instead of visiting us, she chose you," I said with a sigh only for Pablo to take over.

"What about us!" Pablo yelled. "Pablo I've said I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for stealing your time with her, but you know how she feels about you. She loves you." Ares said. "Did she mention me?" Pablo asked. Ares froze before looking at our grandfather. "She—," Ares paused. "She didn't even fucking mention me." Pablo snapped. "But sure, she loves me." He added as his voice trailed before he retreated into my body.

Once I was back in control, I clutched my chest feeling Pablo's immense sadness spread throughout my body. I closed my eyes feeling the sting as tears filled them. A barely audible sob slipped past my lips as I leaned on the nearest wall. I felt Ares's scent surround me before I felt his arms wrap around me.

"I know what it feels like to think that you're her forgotten mate. I know it hurts, but until she tells you with her lips that she doesn't love you, don't give up on her." Ares said hugging me as tears rolled down my face.

==

As many of you know these last few months have been all over the place. I speak for myself and my family when I say thank you all for understanding that Malik is still relatively a young ruler and mistakes will be made.