Eighty-eight

Marius

"You'll what? Get rid of my mate. Is that what you're going to do?" Based on the voice I figured this was Anansi speaking, and from the golden glow in her eyes Oshun had taken over Ahsha's body. "Sit down." Anansi stared at her before sitting. "There has to be some way we can sort this out. I know your mom handled things wrong—," Ahsha smacked her lips looking at her father.

"Handled things wrong?" She scoffed. "You know what?" She turned looking at her dad. She was hurt but the type of hurt that had you trying to hold back tears that left your eyes burning and a lump forming in your throat.

"You're just as bad as her. You were there. You saw how she acted. Even worse after you died and you were floating around like a spirit you saw." Her father stared back at her shame and sadness in his eyes. While her mom couldn't look at her.

"She does not get to shirk her responsibilities as a parent when I needed her and think now that I'm grown she gets to reap the benefits now. I don't need her now. I've forgiven her but that doesn't erase how she abandoned me or that she really didn't like me." My heart ached as she spoke. She was truly hurt by her mother's actions that much was clear. The pain raced through our bond and irritation filled me at the thought of her dealing with this by herself.

She may have wanted to forgive her mom, but she hadn't. With as much anger as I felt there was no way she'd forgiven her mom or her dad. She was mad at him too. "I love you Ahsha—," "Maybe but you didn't like me, and it showed. It showed when you chose to turn your back on me to look after the child you preferred. But this—," She pointed at the table. "This is mine. I'm the Queen. I decide who I want around and how this shit runs. This. Is. Mine." She snapped before the door opened. Without having to look we both knew who it was.

Their looming presence cascaded over us. They each leaned down kissing her cheek. "I'm okay." She said coldly. "You don't feel okay." Malik's voice sounded otherworldly. "We're just having a little family discussion—," "How is that when we weren't present?" Malik asked. "We're her family also." Pablo snapped. Ahsha crossed her legs and sat back in her seat eyes glued to Veronica.

"I don't need a title," Veronica spoke. Isaac looked at her. "What?" "I don't need a title. Ahsha and I may never be friends and that's my fault. I don't want you to lose your relationship with her trying to argue this." Isaac's jaw clenched but he didn't speak.

"Look at it from her perspective. Imagine it was Ali trying to force himself back into your life demanding a title." Isaac glanced at his parents and then looked at his sister. "Save it. You can get what I've been trying to say when it comes from her but not from me." She gave him a dry laugh as Isaac touched his head. Ahsha rubbed her ear before looking at her hands.

The two of them looked at each other with a deep scowl covering their faces. "What's wrong?" "I can hear the ocean." Her voice was shaky. Once the words left her lips Pablo picked her up carrying her to the couch. "What is it?" "I'm being called and I'm going to pas—," Before she could finish her eyes turned white and she was out.

Ahsha

My eyes snapped open and I huffed seeing where I was. "We should be the ones upset. You're fighting with your mother and brother." I turned seeing my grandpas as well as Isaac. Immediately I was on my feet moving toward him so I could smack him only for Ashraf to stop me "Why are you two fighting? You two were fine when you left." Ashraf questioned. "He challenged me!"

"I did not. All I said was you had to be fair." He snapped. "Be fair about what?" "She's refusing to give my mate her rightful title," Isaac yelled. "She doesn't even want the fucking title. All I fucking asked was why did you have her at the royal fucking palace giving out orders and you're the one that took it left." I countered.