Eighty-seven

Marius

I rolled over expecting to find Ahsha lying in bed next to me. Only to keep reaching just to find more bed and no mate. We'd spent most of the night into the early morning filling Ahsha over and over. It went on for hours until she tapped out and she'd chosen to come back to bed with me. I walked into the bathroom pleased at the sight of all the marks and bruises Ahsha left on me. 'She seems to like marking what's hers and we are hers.' Cyrus spoke more than happy at that fact.

I chuckled. "Just like you." Cyrus's laughter filled my head at that. I looked at my newfound mark seeing the intricately designed 'A' sprawled across my chest. It had only been a few days since we'd mated with Ahsha, and we were still at a bit of a learning curve.

After Ahsha marked us the power that surged through us indescribable. Cyrus's strength and speed had more than tripled and as it was explained to us we were tapped into a small portion of Ahsha's power as well. And from the little bit that we could feel we knew the full amount swimming within her had to be exhausting.

My hand went to my chest when I felt it. 'It's her.' Cyrus said softly. Love had begun to flood the mate bond and it was obvious that it was from Ahsha. I was still getting used to being able to feel Ahsha as well as her other mates. It was similar to what it felt like with my family back home but more intense.

==

After cleaning up I headed downstairs, and the sound of music filled my ears. I followed the music and realized it was coming from the kitchen. Before I could enter I felt a hand grab me. I had to control my reflexes when I turned to see Malik. He shh'd me before motioning me into what was another office. There Ares and Pablo sat staring at a screen. They both had different variations of smiles on their faces. "What's going on?" Malik pointed to the screen and there in HD was Ahsha.

She was holding Nasir who looked completely in love and happy being in her arms. She was dancing around the kitchen as faint lines of flames danced over their heads. The two of them were in their own world and the four of us watched enamored. "Is—is this Princess and the Frog?" I asked amused. "Yes." Pablo chuckled. As the song came to an end Nasir clapped still smiling.

Ares turned the TV off before turning to face me and the small smile he had disappeared. Of the three of them, he was the one who was annoyed with me and this new situation. "We should go join Ahsha and Nasir. She wants to discuss some things." Pablo spoke breaking the tension leading me out of the room and leaving Malik and Ares trailing us. "You told her you'd be nice." "And I have been. I haven't said anything to him." Was all I heard before Ahsha's beautiful face came into view.

Pablo smiled walking toward her cupping her face. "Good morning." She smiled kissing him. Pablo pressed his face into her neck whispering something causing her to laugh before he took Nasir into his arms and her eyes met mine. "You left me alone in bed." She laughed. "I did but I had a good reason." She looked at Nasir who was looking at Pablo amazed. "Fine, I guess that is a good reason." She smiled moving to hug me.

"How do you feel?" She chuckled. "You know I've gone through heat before and I've been marked." "I know but I still want to know you're okay." She touched my mark, and I felt her emotions. "Better?" "Yes, thank you," I said kissing her softly. irritation washed over me, and I looked at her confused and she sighed before looking past me. I turned to see Malik and Ares. "Morning, Habiba." Malik hugged her whispering something and she again sighed. Ares leaned against the wall as the two of them stared at each other.

"Good morning." "Morning," Was all he said. There was a spark of anger, but it simmered as quickly as it appeared. "Right, so I have to go into the office so to speak and you three have a meeting with Rafi." Ares huffed. "Absolutely not." He barked. "Ahsha no," Malik said. "I think—," "What else is there to say to Rafi? He showed us what was important to him at that lunch." Ares threw out. "I—," "He's right. All he cared about was his title." Pablo snapped. With each interruption, she grew more and more frustrated.