Paparazzi, Jack Avery

"In other news, famous actress Y/N and pop singer Jack Avery from Why Don't We have been spotted last night walking hand in hand out of a restaurant in East Manhattan..."

I snatched the TV remote from the table, pressed the "off" button and angrily tossed the plastic device to the couch in my living room. I sat down and put my head in my hands, frustrated. I didn't know what to do; I couldn't be seen by the media with a man.

"It's not good for your image," said my manager on the phone.

"I know that, but it was just one date and I wasn't-"

"Don't let it happen again, Y/N. The media doesn't forget," she said.

Don't me wrong, I love my job and everything about it. But with it comes a lot of responsibility and, apparently, every little thing you do matters to the outside world and directly affects your image, which can obviously influence on your income. The pressure was too much. All of a sudden I can't even go out with other people?

As soon as I hung up, my cellphone rang once again.

"Jack" it read on the screen.

I hesitated for a few good seconds. Should I pick up? I'm already in big trouble as it is.

"Hello?" How could I ever say no to him?

"Hey," his voice was small and weak, nothing like I had ever heard before. I was concerned.

"How are you?" I asked instinctively; it was like my body was there but my mind wasn't. I was absent but still working somehow.

"Well, management isn't exactly thrilled, as you probably already know," he said, chuckling lowly. "But I need to see you again," he continued.

My eyes almost popped out of my head, "Are you out of your mind, Jack?"

"I'm sorry, I know we're not allowed to but I really want to see your face again, spend time with you, touch you-" he started rambling about.

"Jack. Let's wait for the waters to calm, okay? It's the least we can do. In fact, we shouldn't even be talking right now, I don't know why you called me," I grabbed my head in my hands once again, I couldn't believe this was happening. I thought we were really good at hiding it: it's not the first time we've gone out together. But I guess I should have known better, paparazzis always find a way to get all up in your business and, of course, let everybody else know, make it public.

"I called you because I like you, Y/N, you know this. We've been seeing each other for some time and I realized I really, really  like you," he sounded sincere, and I was blushing.

"I like you too, Jack," I said smiling. Was this real life?

After a rough patch in my love life, I never thought having such feelings for somebody else would be possible again. I've had bad experiences and even worse boyfriends, and paps have tagged along since day one. But I could feel like this one would be special -at least I hoped it would- and, obviously, I didn't want the relationship to be ruined by them.

"Okay then, let's meet again," I knew he wouldn't give up without a fight and, as expected, he insisted and insisted until I had to give in.

"Okay, fine," I sighed while smiling again. The immediate effect this man has on me is truly unbelievable. When it came to him, I was hopeless.

"But on one condition," I said, sternly. "We're doing it in one of our houses this time, I want to avoid cameras and flashes," I tried to negotiate.

"Oh, so we're doing it?" I could hear his smirk all the way from his house, as if he was standing right in front on me.