Thank you, Jack Avery

A.N.: In this story, Jack isn't Lav's dad.

The way in which your boyfriend Jack would always interact with your four year old son never failed to melt your heart. Your son may not be Jack's by blood, but not a day would pass by when he would forget to reassure you that he was still his father. You and Jack had gotten together when your son was just a few months old and the two of them fell in love instantly.

On a Sunday morning, after you had finished getting ready, you were standing in the bathroom doorway behind Jack, who was holding your son on his hip. The three of your reflections were gleaming in the full body length mirror on the wall.

"I bet your mama will think we both look very handsome in our shirts," said Jack sweetly, before he pressed a light kiss to the top of your son's head. His hair was light brown and curly, just like Jack's.

"The two best looking people in the neighborhood," you replied affectionately as you took a few steps forward to be closer to the two of them before you rested your head in the crook of Jack's neck and wrapped an arm around your son.

You may not have had much time to spare before leaving, but that didn't stop Jack from taking some pictures of the three of you in the mirror for Instagram. His fans always loved to see cute photos of himself and your son, especially when they were both in matching outfits.

A short while later, the three of you were walking down the street, your son in the middle of yourself and Jack, both of you holding one of his hands in each. It warmed your heart to see the number of people who smiled at the sight of the three of you. There wasn't a single person that could deny you were the most adorable family they had ever seen. Soon came the time where you and your son had to part ways from Jack, since he had to work for some hours at the studio.

"Good luck, daddy, I'll miss you," said your son angelically after Jack had given him his final kiss.

"I love you, baby," replied Jack warmly, bending down to caress your son's cheek with the back of his index finger.

Later that day, when Jack finished at work, he came back home and greeted your son.

"I had the best day at the studio today," said Jack lovingly, "You helped daddy get those good vocals!" He held your son in his arms once again, "I couldn't have done it if my biggest fan wasn't waiting for me here."

Jack and your son then shared a loving embrace, both of them being completely silent as they melted into it. You were the one to break the silence, affectionately leaning into Jack's ear.

"Thank you," you started, "I'll never be able to repay you for being a father to my son, despite him not being yours biologically." He knew you were appreciative of him and everything he did for you, a wide smile spread across your lips as it always did when you were watching the two of them bonding together.

"I don't need anything in return, love," replied Jack warmly as he gazed down at your son in adoration, attempting to somehow pull his body even closer to his own. "It doesn't matter to me that he doesn't share my blood. He is still my blood."

As you continued to watch the two of them, all you were thinking about was how lucky you were to have them both by your side. You had no idea what you would do without them because they allowed you to have the perfect, loving family that you had always dreamed about.

---

A.N.: I'm back!! Sorry for the long wait and I'll try to update more often. Stay safe, thank you reading <3