Only you, Jonah Marais

Your boyfriend, Jonah, and yourself were hanging out in your living room along with his bandmates and best friends. He was talking to them while you were sitting on the couch, stuck in a trance as you looked through old photos of yourself and Jonah, your cheeks flushing scarlet as you saw each one. How attractive he was never failed to surprise you every single time, even though you had been with him for over a year now.

You were most likely the one feeling the most content, as you were perfectly happy to continue exactly what you were doing all night or even all day. This, however, was until you had spotted a photo which stuck in your mind even though you decided to quickly scroll past it and began to look at others Your heart sank as you noticed a photo of Jonah with another girl. Her head was rested in the crook of his neck and it looked as if they were both having a pleasant time and were really emotionally close. Because of how focused you were on that photo, you hadn't noticed that Jonah had left the living room and started playing football with his friends. As much as he was enjoying himself, he immediately stopped once he had glanced in your direction to see that you were looking upset. You tried your best to hold back the tears that were bubbling up in your eyes because you didn't want to draw attention to yourself.

"Is everything alright? What's wrong'" Jonah asked you softly with sympathy, trying to keep his voice down as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, guiding you to a more private place of the house, as far away from anyone else as possible, so as to be completely out of sight.

"Well, I was looking at photos of us and everything was great until I saw this," you replied bitterly as you scrolled up a bit to find the photo once again, before you held your phone in front of Jonah's face. "When was this? Was it when we were together?"

Jonah let out a few chuckles under his breath because he found you adorable when you seemed jealous, his arm still wrapped around you as he pulled your body closer to his.

"That's a photo from ages ago with my ex girlfriend," Jonah explained, causing you to let out a long sigh of relief, successfully managing to keep it under your breath. "You won't find any photos of me like that with anyone else since she was my only girlfriend before you came along. Besides, my neck was designed for your head to fit in and yours alone."

Jonah's reassurance was exactly what you needed. You allowed yourself to relax and appreciate how lucky you were to be the one with Jonah now, before you began to repeatedly apologize for overreacting. After he comforted you and spoke words of reassurance, you were the one to rest your head in the crook of his neck, and you immediately noticed that Jonah looked so much happier with you than he did with his ex.

"Much better," Jonah said affectionately, before pressing a gentle kiss to the top of your head.

Since you had nothing else better to do, the two of you didn't notice that his friends were all looking in your direction, smiling warmly at you as they thought about how cute you looked together.

"I know you guys don't like media attention on you, so you probably want to pull apart before somebody snaps a picture and it gets leaked," one of them said, warning you with a slight laugh.

Both the cheeks of yourself and Jonah turned crimson as you rushed to pull apart,  both of you dreading the thought of your affection being broadcast on millions of phones all around the world since you knew there were so many things which the fans would want to see more than that. You may have been keeping your affection to a minimum, but both of your spirits had been massively lifted. You felt relieved whilst Jonah felt more motivated as he always did after receiving affection off you.