Since forever, Corbyn Besson

I sit in my favorite coffee shop in town, a small store with big windows and lovely workers. It's a rainy day and I'm studying for my finals. Soft acoustic music is playing through the speakers as I sip my drink from my cup. I sit with my legs crossed, fully focused on my laptop and all the books in front of me; I really need to pass these exams. I wasn't paying attention to anything else, I couldn't afford to fail after the terrible last semester.

"Y/N?" A voice spoke to me from right next to me, pulling me out of my trance. I look up, confused. As I realized who was talking, my face changed. I couldn't believe my eyes, could it really be him?

"Corbyn?" I asked, furrowed eyebrows and squinted eyes.

He smiled warmly and extended his hand, "Yeah, how are you? It's been forever," he said.

I still couldn't believe it, and I wasn't expecting it at all. It took me a while to process the thought of him actually being here. I hadn't seen him for so long, I had forgotten how much I got along with him. He was one of the few people that actually made me felt safe and comfortable around them, he was nothing like my new friends or anybody else I had met since we stopped seeing each other. It's not that I had bad friends now; it just wasn't quite the same.

"Um, yeah. Oh my God, I can't believe you're here," I said. I moved my arm and my body toward the chair in front of me, "Please," I motioned for him to sit down.

He slid the chair out of under the table and took a seat in front of me. I looked deep into his eyes with my mouth slightly open, still in awe.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were touring with the guys," I asked, curious.

"I am," he said, chuckling, "we're having a show in a few days," his voice grew quieter, "I was kinda hoping to see you again, and luckily I ran into you."

I was surprised that he even remembered me; after all, we had been friends since childhood but we stopped talking to each other since he got too busy with the band and was traveling all over the country. It was hard for me to let go of him at first, since we were really close and used to do everything together. After a while, I started to like him as more than just friends, but I never took him for granted and I was never sure he felt even remotely the same. His words made me feel whole again, hopeful that we could tie our friendship back and relive all the good memories, but I couldn't afford to get too attached again; what if he couldn't stay?

"Yeah, I'm glad to see you again after such a long time," I said, "I've missed you. A lot," I looked intently at him, realizing my feelings for him had never actually left.

"I missed you too, Y/N. I was hoping we could stay in touch, maybe go out sometime, just the two of us," he said, "for old times' sake," he was starting to get up from the chair again, leave again, like he was in a rush. He was slipping away from me while making inconceivable plans that we knew wouldn't work, just as he did last time, leaving a hint of good intentions with his words. But this time was different, because I had already been through it once, I wasn't going to let it happen again. I didn't have it in me to let him go without at least trying, specially because I was positive that he longed for that lost friendship, too.

I reached for his wrist as he stood up and looked up at him, "Wait," I blurted and a knot began to form in my stomach because what if I get rejected? Maybe he's already moved on from his past life and started a new one, and maybe he doesn't want me in it. My head was spiraling and in a matter of seconds I had to make a choice before I didn't have one any longer.

"I don't want you to go, Corbyn," I said. "I needed to tell you that I miss us, our friendship. I miss us laughing together and you taking care of me no matter what," there was no going back now, he already listening to me and I hadn't even gotten to the important part yet, I was waiting for my brain to come up with the best way to put in words how I felt and make sure he knew I meant it.

"The truth is, I've been thinking about you ever since we lost all contact, and now that I'm seeing you again, I remembered how good we got along, why we were so close," I took a deep breath and said the words, "I love you, Corbyn. I always have, since forever. I never told you because I didn't know if you felt the same, but I figured it was time."

I was waiting for his reaction, and I felt the greatest relief when I saw his face loosen up; he started to smile. "I can't believe you're saying this, Y/N," he grabbed my hands in his and whispered, "I've been waiting for so long to tell you this, I love you too."

---

A.N.: This is awful, so so sorry. Old draft. Better stories to come