Chapter 12

Pan's POV

After almost plunging Erin into the sea, she doesn't say another word, so I don't have to take any, more drastic, measures, though I would be happy to do so.

It feels so refreshing to be able to fly again. Besides having complete power and control over people, it's the best feeling in the world. Feeling the world's presence below me is just too satisfying.

Ever since the first time I claimed Neverland, I've been able to take off in flight whenever I please. This thought reminds me that I won't be able to do so for much longer. Not unless I find the heart of the truest believer.

I think of the hourglass that only I have ever laid eyes upon. The constant reminder that time can be paused, but never stopped for good. At least, that's what I believed before I learned of the heart of the truest believer. If I can get my hands on it, then I can truly make Neverland last forever. But it's proved no easy task to find it.

I've only told one person about my concerns about Neverland's time, or rather, the lack of it, running out. It wasn't one of my lost boys, not even Felix. I told my secret to none other than Wendy Darling.

I knew that telling her wouldn't fix the problem, but I felt the need to tell someone. At that point, I had already decided to kill her, so why not tell her?

I made sure my secret was the last thing she ever heard as she lay dying.

Suddenly, a verse from a song pops into my head: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

I scour my brain for where I heard it. At first I think I've made it up. Then I recall hearing it from the guest bedroom in Erin's house. She was watching some show on the television and that eerie song was the theme song.

I quickly shove the thought out of my head in repulsion. I shouldn't remember little details like that. I need to forget everything that happened back there. It wasn't me who lived it. I feel an urge to punish Erin again.

Erin and my shadow have fallen behind, so I fall back and wait for them to come to me. I bring out my dagger and test to make sure it's sharp.

As Erin comes into view, I swoop in. Before she can react to my sudden apearance, I make an incision underneath her collarbone, which has been left exposed by the thin straps of her shirt. She yelps in pain.

"This is only the beginning, love. You haven't felt anything yet," I scoff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erin's POV

Peter leaves me alone for a while after the whole almost-plunging-me-into-the-ocean thing. And during that time I can't stop thinking about my parents.

Peter told me that I felt alone, that my parents are too controlling. I guess he's right, for the most part. However, that does nothing to stop me from thinking about how worried they will be when they wake up in the morning and find me gone.

I wonder if they will blame Peter, or think we were both kidnapped. Either way, if I'm gone long enough, they'll accept that I'm dead. Which is probably better than them finding out what really happens to me. I can't imagine what cruelty awaits me in Neverland.

As if cued by my thoughts about his malice, Peter appears inches from my face. For no good reason (though something as insignificant as me breathing the wrong way would serve as a good enough reason for Peter) he slices his dagger across the indentation just under my collar bone.

Even though we are both in motion, the cut is precise, I would even go so far as to say masterful. The cut is four inches long and it feels like it's at least a quarter inch deep. I try to swallow the pain, yet I end up yelping pitifully.

In response, Peter scoffs, "This is only the beginning, love. You haven't felt anything yet."

Before I can react, he is flying far ahead of me again. I guess it's a good thing, because anything I would have done would be followed by a negative consequence.

There is a break in the clouds and I see something creeping into view. An island. Neverland.

Hope you guys like this update :)