nct dream : "ask me what i would do if we break up"

MARK. please don't do this to him, he loves you so much. asks you as soon as you ask him to because he's curious and he doesn't think it's something bad. "i'd get back with my ex." you watch the smile slowly fade from his face and he manages to let out a weak "oh." he doesn't suspect it's a prank so he definitely feels hurt. it's not until you tell him it's a prank that he realizes. "OH! i would be your ex!" can't stop laughing because he feels so stupid and a bit embarrassed.

RENJUN. asks simply to entertain your antics but when you respond with "i'd get back with my ex." he directs his gaze elsewhere and furrows his brows. "why would you say that?" despite his feisty personality he is sensitive; there's lingering insecurities about his role as a boyfriend. even when you tell him the joke he's still in a sulky mood.

JENO. is lowkey possessive and you know it. snaps his head to look at you right away with a serious look on his face. "excuse me?" "i'd get back with my ex," you repeat. "and why would you do that?" is lowkey getting angry until he catches the glint of mischief and satisfaction in your eyes. he sighs. "you know what? they're free to have you."

HAECHAN. the first thing he does is scoff and do that thing where he pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "why would i ask you that? we won't ever break up." but with enough whining from you he finally asks. "i'd get back with my ex." almost believes it for a second before it registers in his mind. laughs and has a cocky look on his face as he looks at you. "i won't fall for that, i'm too smart. besides, why would you ever want to break up with someone as sexy as me?"

JAEMIN. is amused from the very beginning. "tell me, what would you do if we broke up, hm?" after your response he stares at you with an almost blank expression. "but i would be your ex," he points out. "exactly." more staring. "why would you break up with me in the first place then?" honestly just give up, he doesn't understand you.

CHENLE. also one to snap his head to look at you. says "go to them then." too quickly for your liking. keeps nodding his head in the direction of the door. "go right now if you please, i'll break up with you." he didn't catch on to the fact that he'd be your ex, but even then you're the one who ends up on the receiving end of this prank.

JISUNG. is already hesitant to ask in the first place cause he's a bit suspicious about it. "what would you do?" "i'd get back with my ex." takes a few moments to process it. "... aren't i your first boyfriend?" takes him a few more seconds to get it and laughs about it afterwards. "good joke, i'm telling it to my next girlfriend." ... he's joking.