nct dream : calling them bro

MARK. isn't exactly fazed by it. he has the habit of accidentally calling you 'bro' or 'dude' sometimes, but it doesn't mean he likes it when you call him that. he turns to look at you nonetheless, but there's an almost unnoticeable pout on his lips, he much rather prefers the cute nicknames you call him.

RENJUN. immediately knows what you're up to, you can't fool him. "is this one of your pranks again?" he isn't fazed and it makes you pout a little. smiles and gives you a chaste kiss on the cheek. "maybe next time... bro"

JENO. "bro, look!" you put your phone out in front of him and start playing a tiktok. "bro? am i your bro?" moves the phone away while leaning dangerously close to your face with a playfully threatening smile. "hm? that's cute." despite his last comment, you can tell he most definitely did not like it.

HAECHAN. "bro? bro?! we've been together for how long and you just called me bro?" has a very dramatic and exasparated look on his face. "okay..." bitterly nods and offers a tight lipped smile. when you go hug him and tell him it's a prank he doesn't hug you back. "no, that's okay" you're laughing loudly now and desperately trying to trap him in your arms, but he keeps moving away. finally gives in and hugs you back. "don't call me that again." with an overexaggerated pout on his face.

JAEMIN. is petty and will not respond. continues doing whatever it is with a blank look on his face. it's not until you you call "baby" that he gives you a small hum in return. "i called you and you didn't respond." he nods in acknowledgement. "i know, bro"

CHENLE. doesn't care too much. he knows where you both stand in the relationship so when you call out to him with a "hey, bro" he doesn't give you an overly dramatic reaction. "yeah, bro?" enjoys the pout you give him as a result of your failure.

JISUNG. "hey dude" does not like it. as soon as it leaves your mouth he can feel himself tense up a bit. doesn't want to say something, but also doesn't want you to continue calling him that. he's far too embarrassed to admit he actually likes it when you call him 'baby' but he thinks it's better than having you call him bro. "don't call me that," he mutters. "call me what you usually call me." "oh? and whats that?" you tease. he hides his face in your chest, not having enough strength to look you in the eye. "baby... just call me baby."