nct 127 reaction : to the hickey prank.

[✿] — TAEIL. he trusts you too much for the possibility of you cheating to come to his mind first; "did you hurt yourself? you have a bruise there," he asks in a casual tone but still concerned as he tries to brush your hair over your shoulders. when you act 'suspicious' and tries to cover it, he isn't certain what to think for a split second. but just one look in your eyes is enough for him to know that you're trying to play a prank on him. "y/n, y/n, y/n, who are you trying to fool?" he playfully laughs, trying to get a closer look at the fake hickey as you struggle against him, you yourself laughing, not even bothering to act anymore.

[✿] — JOHNNY. another one who is not that easy to fool, and you take offence at the fact that he doesn't believe your act; you did put effort to pull this prank off after all. he scoffs, "that's not a hickey." "yes it is!" "no i don't recall giving you one," "well maybe it's not yours!" silence fills the room as you stare each other down until something comes over you and you both burst out laughing. "you suck at lying, y/n; no one gets that eager to admit that they're cheating," he says, gently pulling you towards him and rubbing the make-up with his thumb just in case and not being able to hide the little sigh of relief when he sees the stained colours. you pull back a bit, "ha! you did believe it — at least a little," "i did not!"

[✿] — YUTA. you're joking around on the couch one quiet afternoon, laughter pleasant in your ears as the tv plays in the background. he shifts you suddenly so that you're on top of his lap and looks at you happily with a grin before trailing playful kisses from your cheek to your neck. you know he has seen your fake hickey when his movements suddenly freezes. "who gave you this?" his voice sounds so calm, too calm that it's intimidating; his breath warm on your neck. you try to act suspicious as you push his chest, signaling him to let you go but he refuses to budge. "y/n," he warns, you could feel his whole body tense. only when you tell him the truth, he pulls back to look at you, incredulous, before rubbing it to see the make-up stains. a moment later, he smirks with a light mischievous glint in his eyes, the previous tenseness already forgotten, "why would you fake it when you can ask for a real one,"

[✿] — TAEYONG. you couldn't even bring yourself to complete the prank; the moment he sees it, he looks so torn and heartbroken as he asks in a hopeful voice that's not a hickey from someone else, right? that you stop immediately and tell him that it's just a prank and that you don't even know why you thought it would be fun. he blinks at you for a moment before letting out a small laugh in relief. "come here, love," he says softly, letting you take his hand as he pulls you close. he grabs a wet tissue nearby, throwing your hair back over your shoulders, and wiping the makeup off for you, "who even gave you this silly idea," he chuckles softly.

[✿] — DOYOUNG. he notices it quite early on but waits a while, trying to carry on with whatever you two were doing until he suddenly asks you in a calm voice, "y/n, do you have something you want to tell me?" you almost want to smirk in triumph but you look at him, acting a little confused, and casually tell him no. there is a moment of tense silence until he directly brings up the marking on your neck, "if you're cheating, at least put some efforts into hiding it; everyone can see that hickey on your neck," his tone calm yet biting, and you know you would be taking it too far if you let this drag on any longer so you allow yourself to lock eyes with him until you break into a grin and rub it off to show him the smudging and the stains, "it's make-up, doyoung, it's a prank." he doesn't give any reaction to that, still feeling annoyed although the atmosphere lightens and he visibly relaxes. you try to reassure him with hugs and sweet words while laughing and although he barely returns the affection, he doesn't push you away. after a while, he says, "internet's a bad influence on you,"

[✿] — JAEHYUN. you're spending just another lazy night-in with him and he notices nothing until you crane your head backwards with a playful laugh to avoid his kisses. he's quick to grab your throat to keep your neck tilted, a sense of both haste and cautious gentleness in his movements. despite your protests, he manages to take a closer look at it. "this..." he says, his voice monotone, lightly tapping on the marking before guiding your face to look at him, "...is not mine." when you tell him that he's right, it's not, his gaze hardens and he shifts to get up and walk away but you move fast enough to block his way, "it's make-up," you say, with a stifled laughter, rubbing the 'love bite' and showing him the stain on your thumb. he couldn't look more done with you at that moment although a gleaming grin of relief is already settling on his face.

[✿] — JUNGWOO. he tries not to come to conclusions too quick but that's hard to do when the marking on your neck is clear in view. the atmosphere immediately becomes cold and tense as his eyes stay fixed on it. "how did you get that?" he asks, ignoring what you were saying and gesturing towards the hickey with a nod. your dismissive 'it's nothing' only compels him to try to take a closer look at it, firmly holding the back of your neck but also careful not to exert force to avoid hurting you. "y/n, that's not nothing. that's a hickey—" he stops short when he presses on the marking and his thumb gets stained with the make-up. he only fully realises when he hears you laugh and lets out a big sigh, "you're very mean, y/n," he pouts but nonetheless pulls you in for a bone-crushing hug.

[✿] — MARK. he notices it almost immediately. even as you continue to talk, the only thing he can think about is the spot of bruise on your neck, his eyes fixed on it. he tries to sound casual as he leans closer to brush your hair backwards, "is that a hickey on your neck?" he asks with a chuckle but the easygoing tone is unconvincing as he sees the marking closer and clearer in view for a brief moment before you pull back and act like you're trying to hide it. he looks at you straight, the atmosphere and his expression no longer light-hearted, "y/n, why do you have a hickey on your neck? i know that it's not mine." "that's because it's make-up, mark, see, it's a prank," you laugh, rubbing it to show him the stain. "oh!" he says as he visibly relaxes and leans in to examine closer, the anger forgotten and replaced by amazement. "wow, it really looks real,"

[✿] — HAECHAN. he is quick to realise what is up, but plays along just for the sake of it and sees this as a chance to prank you back, pretending to still be angry even after you hurriedly tell him that it's a prank. and suddenly, his face melts into a grin then a laugh. "gotcha." after he has recovered from laughing, he steps closer towards you and helps you take the make-up off, chuckling and teasingly saying, "good attempt, y/n, but not enough to fool me; better luck next time,"