Chapter. 5 - The Note

Math might just be the worst thing ever invented.

That's what Gwen thought, at least, as she tried and failed to understand the equations on the board.

The teacher, Ms. Fern, drawled on and on about fractions and long division and other pointless shit that the brunette didn't follow.

Defeated, Gwen dropped her pencil on her desk and sighed. Her eyes wandered around the classroom at the rest of the students, not missing the way most of the class didn't seem to be having any trouble with their notes.

Her gaze landed on Stan's red and blue hat then slowly traveled down to his face. He looked bored. Hunched over his desk with his head in his hands and staring blankly at the whiteboard, obviously paying no real attention to the lesson.

Thinking back, Gwen felt safe to say he was the unspoken leader of the little quartet of boys.

Gwen ripped out a piece of paper from her notebook and jotted down a quick message. After glancing at the teacher to make sure she wasn't watching, Gwen folded it up into a small square and tossed it onto Stan's desk.

He gave her a questioning look when the paper landed in front of him and she rolled her eyes at him before gesturing for him to read it. He smiled lightly as he opened it.

Gwen
Hey!
Thanks for the seat.

Stan
Np, welcome to South Park.
Sorry about Cartman btw.
He's an ass to everyone
don't take it personally.

Gwen
Thanks and I bet.
He doesn't exactly scream
"I'm a totally chill guy to everyone
except that one new chick" to me.

Stan
Lol, yeah.
So, how'd you end up in
South Park of all places?

Gwen
Got into a bit of trouble back
home.

Stan
What kind of trouble?

Gwen
That's for me to know and you to wonder
about late at night, lol
Seriously tho, it's probably better if that stays a secret.

Stan
Fair enough.
Anything you CAN tell me?

Gwen
I'm immensely disappointed in the severe
lack of parks in South Park.

Stan
If you're looking for a cool place to hang out
maybe  I̶ c̶a̶n̶ we can show you around some time!
The guys and I.

Just as Gwen picked up her pencil to reply a voice rang out.

"Ms. Fern! Stan and the new girl are passing notes!"

The brunette looked up to see Bebe raising her hand with a condescending smirk.

That fucking bitch.

Beside the blonde, Wendy whipped her head around and stared at her and Stan in disbelief. She scoffed and narrowed her eyes at Gwen, squeezing the pencil in her hand a little too tightly.

"Ms. Cho," Ms. Fern called out authoritatively, "there is no note passing in my class."

Gwen sucked her teeth and put down her pencil after being put on the spot and gave the teacher a perfectly practiced apologetic look. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't--"

"Stand up at once." She demanded.

Gwen frowned. "What?"

"You're going to read that note out loud to the entire class." The classroom erupted in 'ooooh's as Ms. Fern gestured for her to stand. "Go on, read it."

Gwen huffed and stood up from her desk with the note in hand looking around the room at all the eyes watching her before her eyes met the teacher. It was obvious by the look on her poorly aged face that she was expecting the note to be flirtatious. She stared at the brunette from across the room with an expectant look, one that most of the class adopted as well. Gwen sighed through her nose and looked down at the note.