Chapter 10 - Such A Cutie

Butters grabbed Gwen's hand and dragged her to his locker where he kept a small white first aid kit and took out a white cloth, an ice pack, and a bottle of peroxide before putting the box back. He gestured for her to sit down, she sunk back down to the floor. Butters quickly followed.

Gwen's eyes glanced around the halls wondering if that teacher was still looking around for her and the other girls. Not that it mattered to her if any of those bitches got caught or not, they could go to hell for all she care.

She planned to sort out the whole Stan situation tomorrow. You know what they say; keep your friends close and your friend's psycho girlfriend and her bitch squad closer.

The brunette was pulled out of her thoughts when Butters applied the now peroxide-soaked cloth to her lip. She hissed and yanked her face back so fast she swore she had whiplash.

"Ow, fuck!"

"I-i told you it was gonna hurt!" He stammered.

"No, you didn't!"

"W-well... I meant to..."

Gwen rolled her eyes and leaned forward a bit so the blonde could continue. He raised the cloth to her mouth again and she braced herself for the oncoming sting of the chemicals, it wasn't as bad as the first time but it still hurt enough for her to let out a small whimper that she tried to cover up with a cough.

After Butters was done cleaning her lip he gently pressed the icepack to her red cheek. It wasn't very cold having been in the locker all day but it still felt nice to lean into it. She took the pack from his hands and pressed it harder against her cheek with a sad pout. Her face still hurt.

"So, um," Butters started, hesitantly, "a-are you gonna tell me what happened?"

He stared up at the brunette with nothing but concern and it made her feel warm inside. She noticed for the first time, seeing him this close, his eyes were two different shades of blue. One was a vibrant teal blue that reminded her eerily of one of Cartman's, the other a much paler blue with a faded, barely visible vertical scar over the eye.

How hadn't she noticed that before?

She gave him another soft smile and ruffled his soft platinum blonde hair while shaking her head.

"Nah," I said. "I don't think I will."

Butters opened his mouth to protest but Gwen swiftly cut him off.

"Don't sweat it, Butters, it's just girl drama." She stood up from the floor and began walking down the hall. "I'll be fine, alright? You don't have to worry about me."

"B-but I am worried, Gwen!" Butters yelled after her.

"You've barely known me for two days, Butters." The brunette snorted. "Seriously, it's fine, I'm not your problem."

"Y-yeah, you're right. You're not my problem." He nodded. "You're my friend."

She stopped in her tracks and turned to face the short blonde, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

Friend?

"What?" She frowned.

"Y-you're one of the n-nicest people I've ever met." He continued. "You don't make fun of me or call me names, er, like other kids. You sit next to me in class a-and you actually talk to me. You're my friend and i-if something's going on I wanna help you."

"Butters..." Gwen stared at the blonde in shock.

No one had ever called her nice before. It'd been a long time since anyone had called her their friend, as well. She wanted to hug him, wrap her arms around him and cry and thank him and— She shook the thought from her head and cleared her throat before speaking again.