05 Guess Who's Back?

"Be afraid. Be very afraid."

- The Fly

"Good morning sweetie," Wendy bemuses. "You woke up quite early?"

"Yeah I have an early class with professor Brown." You pick up a banana and gently peel it. Wendy studies you while you stride across the room, picking up necessary items for today and shoving them in your bag. "Why are you so early?"

"I have started this workout challenge by Chloe Ting so I thought why not do it first thing in the morning?"

"That's awesome Wen. Send me the link, we can do it together."

"Sure," she fishes out her phone. "Oh, and by the way," she starts, catching your attention back to her while you munch on a second banana. "I'll be staying at Hobi's place tonight so don't wait for me for dinner... You'll be okay with that, right?"

"Of course, why'd you ask?" you enquire nervously.

"It's just... You've been acting a bit weird lately."

Your face drops and you pause for a second to think about the perfect excuse. "No, no it's just some stress related to studies and the fact that we're graduating this year." You lie, fiddling with your bag's shoulder strap; eyes on the ground. "But you know what? Screw it, we should have a girls' night out soon."

"Absolutely!" she widely grins at you. "And ____, I wanted to talk about some- oh no, that's no. I'm just- My brain isn't working right now, go now! You'll be late for class."

"Alright then, gotta go. Bye Wen." You wave at her and open the front door of your shared apartment. You stumble across a huge pile of cardboard boxes covered in bubble wrap. Two men carrying more luggage past your flat and into the next door. Must be new neighbours, you think.

Hopefully, they're nice.

⤚ ✵ ⤙

Sitting in the cafeteria you scratch Jisoo's arm to catch her attention even as she's consumed by her smartphone. "I need attention Soosoo."

"But I won't give it to you." She makes a funny face. "Shoo shoo."

"I'm not a dog." You poke her again. This time with more intensity.

"Fine then, you're a stinky skunk." She smiles. You're not sure whether it's because of your childish bickering or her phone.

"Then you're a... You're a..." You think hard. "Ah! You're a Hoatzin!"

"What the fuck is that?" She looks at you blankly.

"It's a stinky tropical bird found in Amazon and Orinoco Delta in South America. The Stink Bird gets its charming name because of its digestive system. It's the only bird in the world that lives almost entirely on a diet of leaves. It uses bacterial fermenta-"

"YAH! Did I ask you to be an encyclopaedia?"

"You asked what it was," you mumble. "So, I answered."

"When I ask you what's your name, do you also give me your social security number?"

"No." She has a point; she always has a point. And she's always right. If only you could switch bodies with Jisoo for the rest of your life, it would be so pleasant to live.

"Hey, did you see that hot guy next door that moved in today?" Wendy joins in the conversation with a topic of her own.

"What hot guy?" Jisoo asks dryly, her eyes on her phone – typing away.

"A guy moved in next door to our place," Wendy says cheerfully. "He has got thick thighs and arms, he's ripped. Thought I'd say hi but by that time he was gone, maybe to pick more stuff. He was hot."

"Do I need to remind you about Hoseok?"

"Hmm, Wendy?"

"Well, no man can ever come par with him. He's the man of men. He's my man."

"Aww, that was so heartfelt," Jisoo fake sobs. "Now about the hot guy, is he bang-able?"

"Pfft, undeniably."

Wendy and Jisoo peep at you at the same time, an evil grin plastered on their faces. You know what this means but you pretend to be dumbfounded. You look back at them with a confused look.

Jisoo starts, "look ____, on a normal day I wouldn't say this but god wants you to be happy. You are being delivered with opportunity on a silver platter. It's high time you take your shot. Bang that thighland like there's no tomorrow."

"Jeez Soo, do you have no filter?" Wendy snorts. "But she's right. ____, it's your time to shine on him... Or under him. Whatever you like."

You cover your face in your hands while you think about your outrageous friends telling you to do outrageous things. If you're being honest, you don't hate the idea. In fact, you might as well take a ride on that thighland.

"Hmm, I might take you up on that."

You replay your conversation with your bestfriends while returning home. It brings a smile to your face. The lift opens,making you make eye contact with a pair of russet brown eyes. He nervously runshis fingers through his now-ash blonde hair. He beams at you. Your heart skipsa beat as you see Park Jimin reared on your flat's doorframe; waiting just foryou.

-------------

A/N : Guess who keeps uploading chapters every day bc she can't control herself? I'd like to take this moment to thank livingforthemElectramoonz, and maryjuice25 for supporting this fic, ilysm. <3