10 Purple Rain

"Those that don't go mad every once in a while, eventually go mad permanently."

"Someone on the subway licked my neck! LICKED MY NECK!" Chandler yells through the screen. Your attention is drawn back to the television on hearing the words licked and neck. The inability to concentrate on anything that does not revolve around irreplaceable words such as Jimin, or Buttercup, or Edgar Allen Poe has been a challenging task. You cannot wrap your head around the fact that you are graduating soon and there is plenty of work to do for the remainder of your college semester, not to mention your tiring part-time job.

Then again, ignoring Jimin isn't going to help you for long. You have tried to connect the dots and it only makes sense to some extent, the biggest puzzle piece that might fit him to the case is still missing – what motive did he have? The Jimin you know is a no-nonsense kind of person, and you have known him for long enough to feel ridiculous suspecting him. But then again, your trust in people is slowly wearing off.

This makes you think of K00kies97, and the fact that you don't know each other that well. Grabbing your laptop from your bedroom, you plop down on your couch and text him.

Three bubbles pop up on the bottom left of the screen, signalling that he is typing. You have been meaning to ask him some questions about his identity and personal life but you're not sure how to start the conversation. If what the cops were saying is true – someone who knows you is pranking you, then you need to know everybody in your life well enough. K00kies97 has never made you feel uncomfortable or crossed boundaries in any form. In fact, you feel like yourself the most when you talk to him. But you want to know him as a person.

K00kies97 : so how are u

You : I'm good, just catching up on my paper submissions :p

You : what about you? How have you been?

K00kies97 : oh good luck then

K00kies97 : ive been good too

You : I wanted to talk to you about something

K00kies97 : ok shoot

You : please don't take it the wrong way but it's just that we've known each other for months and we don't even know each other.

You : ok that made no sense!

You : what I mean is that I want to know you better....

You : i'm not asking you to send your pics or address or anything

K00kies97 : i get where ur coming from

K00kies97 : im visiting seoul this weekend

K00kies97 : we can grab coffee together if you dont mind

You do a double-take on your desktop screen. Saying that you are shocked would be an understatement. You expected him to tell you his name, or talk about his background for starters but that's it! He never fails to surprise you. You consider your options, 'should I go?' Or 'should I not go?' You feel like a teenage girl plucking the petals of a red rose and chanting 'he loves me; he loves me not.'

You : wow, I did not see that coming

You : sure, where do you want to meet?

You : also, how will we recognise each other?

K00kies97 : any public place will do

K00kies97 : in case 1 of us turns out to be a serial killer

You : Definitely not me!

K00kies97 : lets wear something that stands out

K00kies97 : so that we can spot e/o

You : ok, how about we wear purple outfits? It's a unique colour and we'll stand out

K00kies97 : deal 😉

You : borahae

K00kies97 : wHAT

K00kies97 : did you just-

You get so lost in laughing your heart out that you forget to ask his name. You decide on calling him Kookie for now.

Whereas, someone on the other side of the screen proceeds to shop in purple.

--------------