17 Moonlight

"Demons are like obedient dogs; they come when they are called." 

- Rémy de Gourmont

"I'm nervous, actually..." Jungkook fumbles through his coat pocket and hands you a tiny box enclosed in a red wrapping paper adorned with tiny elves on it. You chuckle lightly on noticing his creativity and efforts, making his doe eyes dart right back at you which were previously resting on the gift he just gave you.

"This is so cute," you beam as you start unwrapping the present. "Just like you."

"Oh, come on! Not when you're in the room."

"Huh?"

"You're cuter," he breathes. "And I like you very much."

What started as small smile breaks into a full-blown laugh, making your eyes crinkle and your face threw back. "Well, I like you too. A lot." He tilts his own head as he admires you. He runs his thumb through your cheeks as he cups your face. It's the way he looks at you so sincerely that makes your heart melt in a puddle.

Wendy's words kept ringing in your ears like venom stung in your skin, coursing through your body, you never thought your friendship will come to a situation like this. The change in her sexuality was news to you, or rather it always existed but you failed to become aware of it. Knowing that her parents are the textbook definition of homophobia it doesn't take long for you to realise why she must have kept it a secret.

You wanted to tell her before she cut the call that it's okay to feel that way about someone. We don't get to decide who we have feelings for, the human heart can be quite notorious. Do you feel the same way about her? Absolutely not. Would you let that affect your bond with her? Never. If this was her coming out to you then you want to make a cake for her with "I'm fucking proud of you," written on it with colourful icing, even though the other part of her confession might remain unrequited. When you came out to your parents in your first year of college as a Pansexual, they made a cake for you and wrote the same greeting, albeit the "fucking" part.

No matter what your sexuality is, Wendy is like family to you. You regard her in the purest form you could imagine. She is like the sister you never thought you could have but you ended up having, nonetheless. It's difficult to make her understand this, though you can only try a little harder next time.

Jungkook had found you in the balcony sniffling tears and when you tried hiding it from him, he simply hugged you – no questions asked. You wonder how he knew that you did not want to talk about it, you just wanted warmth. You just wanted that sense of protection at that moment, assuring you that everything is going to be alright. This year might have not been your best, but it will become better. He ran his fingers in your hair as you relaxed under his warm embrace. He felt like home.

You quickly look away while grinning ear to ear as you resume unwrapping the gift. It holds a rose gold necklace with tiny flowers hanging from it. You remember wanting to order it online, but it was expensive, so you decided to put it on your wish list and started saving up.

"Wow, you remembered?" your breath hitchhikes. "Jungkook you honestly didn't have to."

"Anything for you, ____."

The necklace shines under the moonlight making your heart shine a little too.

"Let me," he takes the necklace from your hand and tenderly turns you around. You pull your hair in a makeshift ponytail as he wraps it around your neck. "You look so beautiful."

He places a tender kiss where your shoulders and neck meet and starts working from there, making your release a low moan. He stops the moment he hears you. Hovering over you, his breath sends tingles down your spine, and you feel like you might come undone any second. You grab his shirt to make him resume his ministrations, making him smirk against your neck. He groans against your collarbone as you grind your back against him ever so slowly. Just when he's about to flip you to face him, you interject. "I got you something too!"

Leaving the balcony all while your heart pounds hard and you feel like you've been electrocuted, you grab the present you've got for Jungkook and run back to the balcony where he waits for you patiently. You nudge the big box towards him making his doe eyes widen in surprise. "It's so big!"

"Eh, it's nothing really," you shrug.

Peeling off the wrapping paper, he gasps as he takes in the big box of his favourite upcoming video game. "And how did you know I wanted this?"

"Well, you told me about it."

"Ah." He engulfs you in a warm hug, with the video game between your tummies.

"You are treading on thin Ice, ____. You might as well make me fall."

You run your cold hand over his back, "By all means, go ahead."

All you hear is a teasing chuckle from his mouth as a part of you slips beautifully yet excruciatingly in his palms.

-------------

A/N : Are you guys able to connect the dots or was I successful in creating some suspense?

Also, I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS LITTLE BABY HIT 1.1K READ, I AM SHOOK. I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE THAT. I LOVE YOU <<33