07 Stay the Night

"Which is the true nightmare, the horrific dream that you have in your sleep or the dissatisfied reality that awaits you when you awake?"

- Justin Alcala

You are completely immobilised when you glance at Jimin and get a look at his confused face under the little illumination you can obtain due to the moonlight flashing in your living room through the windows. The concern is written all over his face, making you feel weaker.

"Jimin," you whispered slowly. He hummed in response. You took no time in tightly hugging him. "I'm scared."

"Hey," he looks up and tucks a strand of hair behind your ear. "It's going to be okay, it's just a power out. I'm here with you."

"No, no." your eyes start tearing up. "I'm scared that someone's watching me."

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.

You sit up straight and try to catch your breath.

"I did something really dumb, Jimin. I went on the wrong side of the internet and opened some things that I shouldn't have. Now, there's this unknown person who has been harassing me ever since. They know about me – they know my phone number and my address. And now the power's out just after I received calls after calls by this person, and I kid you not it has never been out for the past four years living here. I know how dumb it sounds but I can't help but try and connect the dots. I'm so scared."

He looks at you in shock, opening his mouth and closing it again. "For how long has this been going on?"

"A couple of days."

"Have you told this to anyone?"

"No... I mean yes, an online friend." You know that even though he looks calm he's only trying to hold the anger that's bubbling inside him. When you say it out loud about your actions, even you feel angry at how stupid you can be.

"So, you're telling me that you think your life is in danger, which you've been thinking for days and all you did was tell an online friend?"

"I know it sounds dumb bu-"

"Dumb?" he snaps. "____ you should be going to the police right now. Why do you always ignore things until it becomes so serious that you end up sabotaging yourself?"

Fiddling with your ring, you remain quiet. This makes him realise what he has done.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you," he takes your hand in his. "I'm really sorry."

"You know, you are right. I did do something fucking stupid. And I didn't take it seriously just like I always do."

"It's okay." He reaches for your phone and hands it to you for unlocking it, which you do hand it back to him. He blocks the number and takes screenshots of all the texts. "This is for starters. Now we file a complaint. Come on, let's go."

"How about we go tomorrow first thing in the morning? I'm exhausted today."

"Okay," he gives you a comforting smile. "Whatever you want.".

"Stay the night." You blurt out.

He glances towards you in anticipation. He sees no unwillingness on your side so he agrees to stay with you, not just for your sake, but for his too. You shift to your bedroom with him, laying together in complete silence. There is no sexual tension between you and Jimin, none of that. All that you felt was the feeling of being safe and sound. After days of exhaustion and sleepless nights, you can finally fall asleep.

A part of you wants Jimin to scoot to your side of the bed and hug you tight while you doze off in his arms. But there's another part of you that doesn't want to get attached again or to relive the painful memories you shared. There are a lot of unsaid words between you two and you don't know if it'll ever come out. And things can never be normal between you both if you keep being silent about the problems that pulled you apart in the first place.

You fall asleep after considering every possibility of your current situation. The full moon shines on you, serving you a gleam of hope that everything will be alright the next morning – that you'll wake up and find peace, maybe even a smiling Jimin whose eyes would shut as his mouth would widen all while he would whisper a 'good morning' in your ears. Stars twinkle above you as you plunge deep into slumber whilst thinking about the what-ifs.

--------

A/N : Writer's block sucks ass. -_-