27 Crimson Red

"If I got rid of my demons, I'd lose my angels." 

- Tennessee Williams

"Jungkook." You plead.

Just let me leave.

He takes a step forward, making you step backwards. A ray of light from outside the window falls on him in the darkened room—his jaw clenched and his sharp eyes wanting to eat you alive. His chest glistens with sweat under the fragment of brightness. At least, he had put on a pair of pants. He no more looks like the Jungkook you met that day in the café, or the Jungkook who slow danced with you, or the Jungkook who made love to you.

It's almost dawn, soon it'll be the morning. The town will wake up soon, you'll be free soon, or so you think. Your body is shaking and you take heavy breaths as you try to think about a way to negotiate with him. You think of forgiving him and forgetting about all the things he did to you, just for the sake of him letting you leave his house.

"Jungkook what?" He bares his teeth. Taking another step forward, he's only inches away from you. "You saw everything. What do I do with you now?"

"Please." Your mouth trembles as you take another step back, realising you've almost hit a wall. There's no escape now. That's when he quickens his space, making you bump into the wall. He slaps both his arms on either side and glares at you. His face is so close you can sense his breath fanning on your cheek, but you are too scared to open your eyes. You're scared to find what his expression holds—what intentions he has in store.

"Look. At. Me." His voice cuts through your ears and you shoot your eyes open. He's looking at you with so much intensity that your knees start wobbling and a teardrop escape—rolling down your cheek. His face softens a little, it's fleeting but you catch it anyway before he hardens again. There's still hope. You can work with that.

He inches his face forward, his mouth millimetres away from touching yours. Suddenly, he tilts his head and licks your cheek, cleaning the stray teardrop. You feel nauseous. You want to push him off you but you know it'll be a stupid move. He'll eventually overpower you.

"You're scaring me." You sob, more drops of tears fall down as you plead miserably. He doesn't answer, he just glares at you, his face close enough to kiss you—to have you however he likes. "Let me go, Jungkook. Please."

"I can't do that, baby." He says it so calmly—as if he's telling you his groceries list. "You'll run and tell everyone. They will never understand what you mean to me. We are meant to be together. Look at all the things I did for you, all the limits I crossed for you." He motions around the room with his right hand but you are unable to take your eyes away from him. You don't want to let your guard down. Nothing in this room can hurt you more than Jungkook can. He notices your lack of attention and growls, "Look at it, dammit!"

He hits the wall with his clenched fist making you flinch and scream. You start crying hard. You are scared for your life. You don't want to die.

"It was that bitch's message that triggered you, right?" he dives himself in your hair, sniffing you. "Answer me. It was her voicemail that made you fucking roam around the house with my fucking cum inside you, dripping everywhere, claiming your territory. You cunt."

You stand there, under his grip as he shakes your arm, trying to get an answer. You feel like throwing up, his corrupted words poking daggers in your chest. "Y-yeah..."

His demeanour softens and he runs his fingers through your hair, still caging you with his other hand. This hot and cold behaviour makes your skin crawl. You're having difficulty standing as the time keeps ticking, all the energy in your body seems to have evaporated.