20 Back to You

"Trust is a tough thing to come by these days." 

— Macready (The Thing)

Jimin's POV –

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We have landed at Incheon International Airport where the local time is 11:30 and the temperature is 21 degrees. We hope you have enjoyed your flight with American Airlines this evening and wish you a very safe journey to your final destination."

His heart pounds, and his hand begins to feel clammy against his bouncing knee. He breaks into a sweat as he gets up and tugs his suitcase from the luggage compartment. He starts to pace back and forth, stomping his feet impatiently while he waits for the other passengers to step out. The very act of thinking was hurting his brain, and his heart was still threatening to burst forth from his ribcage.

It will take him around half an hour to reach your university. You don't know that he'll be present at your graduation ceremony but how could he miss your big day? He doesn't know how to face you after what he did. Of course, Wendy must have told you. You are best friends after all.

It took him everything he had to refrain from not fighting for you when you had told him that you didn't love him anymore seven months ago. Maybe it was all in his head – you telling him you didn't feel the spark any longer. He respected you more than he craved you. So, he did what his stupid brain thought was fit. He agreed with you to take a break, which turned out to be indefinite.

Breaks are supposed to end, and patch-ups are supposed to follow. That's how true love works. He couldn't move on from the never-ending separation from you. Somehow, it seemed like you did move on. But then he ran into you in that café and your cheeks turned crimson red when he said you looked pretty.

It can't be a mere coincidence, right?

He was raised to take over his father's business empire after him which, in a way, pushed him away from you. Busy schedules, tiring days, frustrated moods – everything piled up to build a wall between you and him. But he didn't let that affect him when you gave him a second chance. One thing led to another and you ended up having phone sex with him. He booked a flight right away, attracted to you like a moth to a flame. That night you let him touch you, feel you up, have him graze his tongue against yours. It would have escalated had it not been for that creepy stalker.

You must still love him.

All it took for him to realise that he was not over you was when Wendy, your best friend, was under him; getting pounded on the mattress. He enjoyed it at the moment but when it ended it took away his dignity. Holding it tight, he sobbed in his pillow while Wendy snored beside him. Feeling overwhelmed, he wanted to call you but he couldn't since he had attained the knowledge that you had started dating.

"Fuck," he mumbled, eyeing the purple velvet box in his hand that contains the twinkling diamond ring he had picked for you many months ago, thinking of proposing soon but the ring never saw a day on your fingers. You had broken up many times in the past but it always led to steamy and passionate make-up sex. He has not lost hope yet. Whoever this Jungkook guy is, he doesn't have the kind of history with you as Jimin has, and he will prove it to you at any cost.

He is obviously not going to pop the question today, no. That will only result in an imprint of your hand forming on his cheek. He has to win you back. And he will cross just about any limits for that to happen. For months he has been keeping an eye on your social media updates, even had your passwords which to his dismay you ended up changing. He guesses it's because of the stalker because he's positive that you did not realise that he knows all your passwords, or at least knew. Perhaps throughout the years the love he had for you planted a seed of this burning obsession possesses that makes him want to consume every bit of you.

"Please, ____, please take me back," he slurs under his breath making the taxi driver turn his head in confusion.

"Huh?" He quirks his eyebrow. "You said something?"

"Uh, nothing."

-----------

A/N : I'm torn between wanting to love and empathise towards these characters and wanting to boo at them bc that's fucked up man.

I'm gonna do a double update today, another one from Jungkook's POV. Why? Because I woke up to this amazing message by  _jaeqhwi and now there's a smile plastered over my face that just wouldn't go. Thank you, I love you so much <3