🎯Chapter 37🎯

Y/n and Emma smiled as they spotted Mister and Ray.

'I'm glad...They're both alive. I'm so glad they're safe.' Emma thought.

'Emma's friends? Reinforcements...!' Pepe thought.

'No way...Did that guy really break Lewis's mask?' Nigel thought.

Lewis slowly stood up with one hand hovering over his exposed face.

'We did it...! It's broken! We destroyed Lewis's mask!'

'Well done! This is better than I could have imagined. They were able to strike me just under my mask...Remarkable! When was the last time...I accept it!' Lewis thought.

Pepe took out a grenade and ran towards the weakened Lewis.

'A grenade? Interesting. Yes! Guns as well as explosives!'

When Pepe threw it, the grenade opened and revealed something inside as Y/n and Emma covered their eyes.

'A flash of light?!'

'We got him!' Emma thought.

Lewis fell to the ground, covering his eyes as Mister and Ray aimed their guns at him.

Y/n closely looked at Lewis who stumbled.

"Everyone! Get down!" He warned once he realized what the demon was about to do.

In less than a second, Lewis threw shards of glass and some debris at them all.

"Ahh!" Pepe yelped in pain as he was hit. In an instant, Lewis appeared beside Pepe and gave him a huge cut on his shoulder. Everyone's eyes widened as Pepe fell to the ground.

'Pepe! He got Pepe...! How...?! He could attack?! I didn't even see it happen! There's no way this can be happening!' Nigel thought.

'It's sound. This guy...He immediately located and attacked him just from the sound of his voice. He was able to make up for his lack of vision with his sense of hearing. I wouldn't have been able to react to it either.' Ray thought with a stunned expression.

Mister wasted no time in running on the roof and aiming at Lewis, firing bullets. However, the demon blocked them and sent Mister back.

'He was able to block that guy's shot...?!' Ray thought.

"This is it." Lewis muttered. "This is it...This is it. This is it!"

"Run away!" Mister yelled.

"Hahahaha! This is so thrilling! How many hundreds of years has it been?!" The demon laughed.

He then ran at the building Mister and Ray stood on, hitting it with all his force, making the walls crumble before the building was destroyed. Luckily, Nigel who was inside was able to get out in time.

-----

The humans took shelter in another building.

"Pepe...Pepe...! Wake up!" Emma slightly shook the male who lay on the floor.

"Emma. We've stopped the bleeding. There's nothing more we can do for him at the moment. Let's leave him here." Ray said.

"Damn it...! How much...Just how much is that monster going to take from us?! That bastard...! The plan was going smoothly, we broke his mask, and we were able to stun him...! He's just too strong...!" Nigel said.

Y/n only listened as he tipped back and forward, sitting down.

"What do you want to do? Just how can we take this guy down?" Mister looked at Y/n and Emma.