His Wine 19

"Aperta aqua, da nobis viam. Securi transeamus."

Marianito chanted in the dry grass as me and Mardav were in the cold waters, holding hands together under the big bright full moon.

I felt Mardav squeeze my hand. I look at him and saw him muttering "Ayos ka lang?"

I nod and smile enough not to make him notice my doubts and worries.

"...transeamus!"

As Marianito's last word were uttered, the waters surrounding us–Mardav suddenly moves in circular motion and I've felt there's something swallowing us below and later we were pulled below.

Underwater, I saw Mardav's looking at me smiling, I smiled back before closing my eyes.

*Aaahaaaughhhh!!!*

As we both grasped for air and spit the water that were earned in our breathe.

As I look up, we're on the same bridge where I committed to end my life.

I heard Mardav's deep inhale and I went my eyes on him.

We're on the same positions, lying on the ground.

"So, ito yung hanging hinihingan ng mga tao" aniya. The lightpost and the Moonlight is my only way to have a clear vision of his face.

I stand up first before offering my hand to help him. We're both wet and we need something to dry us warm.

It feels weird being here again.

"The university's not far from here. I guess I have some extra shirt sa locker. Can you walk?" I asked.

"Are you cold?" I added.

"I'm excited!" Aniya. He's still pale, as usual.

It's been a month since, pero I didn't feel alien but it feels like weird kasi as if nothing change and I just took a long rest.

After a minute of walking, the last thing I know is that we have to pass the guard. All people know me, and I guess it's a shock if they will see me.

It's past 12 and there's no one passing nor cars. I wish we can pass easily. Asia University of the Philippines is very secured and there's no other way to in and out except for the gate.

"How can we pass?" I said as we are approaching the gate.