||We're your family now||

• Archie finds a home somewhere safe
• LGBTQ+-phobic parents
• Mention/Referenced drug abuse, alcoholism, child abuse, prostitution
• absent and shitty parents in general
• found family trope

"Dad? I need to talk to you" Archie said as he carefully headed downstairs. He fidgeted with the zipper of his letterman jacket while walking in the kitchen to meet his father who was working on his laptop while drinking coffee.

"I'm working right now"

"I know. It's really short, won't take a lot of your time" Archie said quickly and Fred sighed, though nodded as he closed his laptop, eyeing his son.

"What is it then?"

"I... I need to tell you something. It's taken a lot of courage to do so because this is something sensitive and I know that we don't really talk about emotional things but... I need to tell you something" He took a deep breath.

"I'm bisexual"

Five minutes later, he stood outside of the house. His father had closed the door behind him and then locked it too. Archie stood outside, his guitar thrown on the front lawn. He stared at the door for a solid minute, blinking while not moving.

He just got thrown out.

His father kicked him out.

Because he didn't only like girls.

Archie took a deep and shaky breath before grabbing his guitar to finally get off of this lawn. He started walking. He didn't know where to. He had nowhere to go. Sure, he had friends but they wouldn't understand and they sure as hell wouldn't let him stay with them. They weren't that kind of friends.

It started to rain by seven. Archie took shelter in an abandoned treehouse to sit it out, especially once it started pouring and he was drenched.

After it stopped, he continued walking. When night fell, he went to search for a place to stay. It ended up being an abandoned factory building in the middle of nowhere, even past Greendale and Fox Forest. The windows were shattered or covered in trash bags. Most of the walls were covered in gravity, at least the first two floors. All lights were out. Those were all good signs that he would be alone there. Besides, he was cold and wet, he didn't have much of a choice. He trudged over the meadow to get to the building before looking for a way inside.

Climbing in through the window, he landed on a couch and rolled off on the ground. He got up again, brushing off the dust before he went to go up. The ground floor seemed to not be safe, so he chose to go up to the second floor. With caution, he stepped up the stairs to get to there and looked around. It seemed decent enough. He went up to the upper floors before though, in order to see if something was there, but everything from the fourth floor seemed too unsafe. The stairs to the sixth floor were crumbling at the edges.

Archie settled on the second floor then. He searched himself a good corner, away from windows, and put down the guitar case next to him. He put his wet jacket on the ground to sit down on it before pulling his knees to his chest to warm himself up again.

He must have fallen asleep, at least until he got woken up from a loud bang. Archie jerked awake, scooting to the corner even more. There was silence for a solid minute until Archie heard footsteps.