||Breathe||

• Jughead having a not so great time because his crush kills him on accident
• Hanahaki disease
• major character death

Jughead didn't know when it started. For all he knew, it perhaps had had been going on ever since he met him. Ever since he had met Archie with his flaming red hair. Archie, who made his heart beat so fast. Archie, who created butterflies in his stomach. Archie, who caught his breath.

Archie, who caused him to throw up flower petals.

It didn't concern him at first, when he was constantly nauseous and even threw up once or twice. Perhaps he had eaten something bad or was sick in another way. However, then he started to throw up blood and by the fifth time even rose pedals — that was what concerned him. He knew, he really did, that he shouldn't google things if he wanted to know what certain symptoms could mean because all that he would find out was "you're probably going to die". He didn't expect that to be true, if he was being honest. Googling "throwing up flower pedals" only gave out one thing though: Hanahaki disease and that was something that he really didn't want to deal with.

"Hanahaki Disease:
The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from unrequited or one-sided love. The patient's lungs will start growing a flower, most of the time a rose. The victim will proceed to throw up the petals or sometimes even the whole flower. One of the only ways for the disease to 'disappear' is if the said person returns the feelings (it can't be resolved with friendship, it has to be genuine feelings of love). The infection can also be removed through surgery, though the feelings disappear along with the petals. If they choose neither options, or the feelings are not returned in time, then the patient's lungs will fill up with flowers until they suffocate from it"

But that couldn't be him. On who would he have a crush on? There was no one. He had no pretty girls that he hung out with. The only person that he talked to was Betty and he saw her more like a sister than anything else. So, who could it be that caused this to be happening to him?

"Juggy, tell me what's on your mind. I'm bored" Archie had asked, rolling around on his bed, so that he was halfway on him now. The two were at Archie's, laying on his bed. While Archie had previously been playing something on his PlayStation, Jughead had gotten the time around by reading a book, though that was impossible to do with Archie on him, poking his cheeks.

"I'm reading. No hard thinking going on up there" Archie hummed, crawling completely on top of Jughead now, taking his book. He put a piece of paper on the open page before closing it in order to lay it down next to him.

"You said, you'd come over to play with me and not to read your stupid book"

"I actually came to help you with homework" Jughead corrected, rolling on his side to try and get out of Archie's embrace, though the redhead just pulled him closer "Besides, you were playing a shooter game"

"Because you were already reading" Archie defended.

"You're like a dog, Archie. Nobody wants you but you keep on coming back because you don't get the message"

"Excuse me??" He shrieked, sitting up "You're so mean, I can't believe you"

Jughead sighed, cupping Archie's face.

"You're still my dog though, you know that"

"I hate you"

"Love you too" Jughead smiled, though then finally wiggled out of Archie's grasp. He was about to stand up when Archie pulled him back again, landing on top of him and starting to tickle him.

"Archie- Archie, stop!" Jughead got out between laughs, wiggling with his body to try and get Archie to stop. Archie had continued until he was out of breath, huffing as he just stared at the redhead with red cheeks.