||Pudding, are we dating?||

• Jughead having to question what romantic feelings are, cause same
• asexual!Jughead

"So... any news on the Archie front?" Betty asked, leaning her chin on her hands as she quirked one eyebrow. Jughead turned to look up from his math book in order to face her, tilting his head confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you and Archie. How is it going between you two?"

"We're good, I guess? Why do you ask?" Jughead asked, going back to his homework. Betty sighed, sitting up.

"Are you still trying to tell me that you're not dating? You've literally known another ever since you were born. And you cuddle and you sleep in one bed together and you're so physical with another, and emotionally connected too. You're not usually doing that, with anyone. It's kinda obvious"

"What? No. We aren't dating. We are friends, really good ones, yes, but... we're not boyfriends" Jughead protested, chuckling softly.

"But he literally calls you 'pudding'"

"Yes but that's a different story"

"You've never told me that one then" Jughead rolled his eyes before nodding.

"Alright, then I'll tell you, now"

"Arthie!" Jughead yelled, still attempting to put on his jacket as he flew towards him, shoelaces untied because he never learned how to do that. Archie immediately noticed, crouching down in order to tie them for him while the other used that time to put on his jacket correctly. As the redhead straightened up, he looked at the smile on his friend's face.

"What's going on?"

"My dad gave me twenty bucks and, and allowed me to go to the supermarket and buy anything I want! And you can come with me, cause- cause you can come to me for the afternoon, if you want" Archie didn't mention the fact that twenty dollars weren't that much because he knew that they had more money than the Jones' — and for Jughead twenty bucks could buy you the world.

"So, to the market?" FP asked as he made sure that the two boys were buckled up in the backseat. Jughead hummed, holding onto the bill with his hand, even if the palm already grew sweaty. His father rounded the truck to climb in the driver's seat and started the motor to drive them over to the supermarket. After he had gotten a spot in the parking lot, he let the two boys run forward on their own while he got a cart to start on the monthly grocery shopping.

As they passed the entry, Jughead grabbed Archie's sleeve to drag him over to the refrigerators.

"Pudding"

"Mhm?" Archie asked, looking around "Shouldn't we wait for you dad?"

"I want to buy pudding"

"20 bucks worth of pudding?"

"Yes" Jughead confirmed, opening the door to start loading an equal amount of vanilla and chocolate puddings in Archie's arms. When they were full with twenty, he stacked another twenty cups in his own arms, 20 dollar bill in his mouth now.

"You can't possibly want to eat all of them!" Archie said, chuckling as he saw them all laid out on the cashier counter.

"I can. Dad said the money is mine and I can do whatever I want with it. Mom doesn't allow me to have any candy, so I'll eat it now"

"But I thought your fridge broke down, two weeks ago?"

"Which is why I'll eat them today"