Notes

This fan fiction is about events of the series and the characters are like they are in it. The Darkling is without his famous grey eyes and Alina is part Shu. The idea of it was born after I'd watched the series. But I started to write only after I'd read books. (I was reading Ruing and Rising while my trip to Budapest.) I know all canon lines and events. But I had watched a series before I read books. That made me difficult to imagine the series Darkling doing all these horrible things he did in books. Because I fell in love with his character while watching the series (not just because of Ben Barns. But he is a cherry on the pie.)

And like many fans of the book, I don't like Mal. Even his words «You are all I've ever wanted» made me laugh. It was like «What the bullshit? Dude you fucked most girls around.» 🙄 In real life, I hate this kind of boy. In the series, they didn't show this side of Alina's best friend, but Darkling's words fit there «You never truly appreciated who she really is». Because if Mal has loved Alina all his life why didn't do something? He just tumbled with different girls. I thought that the author had wanted to show that Mal is the desirable guy. And then this desirable by many guys loves just her. But that made it weird 🤷🏼‍♀️.

We got an improved version of him in the series. He even only flirted with Zoya while he was stealing food for Alina. The role of Zoya's lover got the Darkling. But I like how he refused her after he had met Alina. Compared with the same about Mal in books, who refused Zoya only in the third book. Maybe they showed that in the series because in books Alina's husband slept with Zoya first, so in series... 😏🌚🌝

The friends to lovers line is not for me. Maybe because I had problems with my friends who fell in love with me.

The book Darkling made terrible things but he had so much potential which was wasted. Alina and he had so much chemistry both in series and books. But sometimes while reading books I wanted to shout to Alina, «Girl, you can really make him a better man. Just give him some love! Don't be stupid!». Women have many tricks against men 😏. And as he said she is an apt pupil. Perhaps she was too young, or I'm too old for young adult books 👩🏻‍🦳.

So finger's crossed for Darklina in the series🤞. He is not this pure evil, he has lived for so long, and he went through a lot. I hope to see a scene in the series where he will tell her about his past. I can imagine how he is telling her the some like from the Demon in the woods and she sympathizes with him (I should write something like this).

In real life, if I was Alina, I would choose Nikolai for reasonable reasons. Not toxic, not manipulative, etc. But to be honest, after the cast announcement I would not. I didn't like this actor in the White Princess. Or I don't like blond men at all 😅.

Thank you very much to everyone who read my fanfiction! Much love to you all!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

P.S. I would like to get more feedback.