Tell Me

Briar Rose

What the actual hell is going on? I can't believe this. My entire frame is heating in utter embarrassment.

My brain is muddled with confusion. When he touched me it was like I was in a trance, my entire being fell into the desire to have him touch me. I couldn't think.

Only feel.

I can't stand his heated gaze on me, it's like he knows me. What on earth is happening? Isn't he the king of vampires? Maybe he likes my blood?

What does he want with me...?

I shudder remembering the vampires who attacked me and their bright yellow eyes and long fangs. Feral. He doesn't seem like that at all though. Then again looks can be deceiving.

"Hmmm, I'm sure you have many questions?"

His rich voice states softly as I follow him along the corridors. I struggle to keep up with his long strides, his six-foot-three frame walking powerful and proud.

His voice had what we would call a slight British accent, it was posh and refined but also deep. It was extremely pleasing to the ears.

I snort in annoyance.

"Well, yes I've practically been kidnapped haven't I?" I ask.

He stops and turns to me his white robes ending their billowing. My breath hitches at his beauty and I again look away. His ocean blue eyes staring again.

"kidnapped? I would call it more saved, wouldn't you?" He remarks clipped.

"Well anyways you're going to help me get back home right?" He glares at me and I scrunch my brows in confusion.

He turns and ignores my question.

"Where's my friend?" I ask.

He shrugs "sleeping." I huff at his vague answer but at least I know she's safe.

"How old are you?" I blurt out in curiosity. He could not be much older than me, he looked no older than twenty.

"One hundred ten."

"What!" I shriek.

"Explain yourself please." I plead in disbelief.

He chuckles yet says nothing. He is so old. I suppose being a vampire slows down his aging.

"You are not immortal are you?" I question skeptically.

"No, we just age much slower, the full life of a vampire is typically three hundred years."

I marvel at what he told me.

Soon we reach large doors and they open to reveal a grand dining room with a long table in the middle seat for at least sixteen people.

Servants are nowhere to be soon but the food is piled atop in abundance. Turkey, chicken, roasted veggies, cream puddings, mashed potatoes, cheesy pasta.

My mouth immediately waters in response. I don't even have time to admire the grandeur of the room, expensive drapery, diamond candle chandeliers, and artwork. 

I immediately head to the table and he grabs my hand and I feel sparks dance across my skin.

What is going on? Why do I feel this way?

He brings me to a chair beside the head chair on one end of the table and brings it out for me to sit in. I give him a suspicious look and sit down slowly, my dress making me struggle. His hand lingers a little longer before he tucks my chair in and walks away his robes flowing.  I expect him to sit beside me at the head of the table but instead, he pulls out the chair across from me.