Punishment

Briar Rose

I stir in my bed unable to sleep. The throbbing in my neck turned into an ache and my eyes were fixed on my ceiling in utter dismay.

What do I do?

I am about to get up to change my blood-stained white nightgown before the door slams open and I retreat in fear to see the looming figure of Dorian.

He makes his way to the foot of my bed and looks at my appearance with a pale, fear-stricken face.

He scoops me up in his arms on the bed. His touch caresses me and ensnares me in comfort. I notice his eye glaze over slightly as he looks at the blood he licks his lips and my eyes widen in slight fear. That seems to break him from the trance and he frowns.

"What happened?" he asks worry laced in his tone. His eyes run over my body checking for any injuries.

Just as I am about to close my eyes in bliss from being in his strong, gentle arms he lets me go.

I open my eyes to see his eyes red and fangs bared. His eyes swirl in anger as he stares at the bite on my neck with a violent glare. My eyes widen and he roars in anger. I cover my ears in fear.

I clutch my knees to my body, my bloody dress staining the sheets more.

"You let another vampire drink from you" he yells.

I cower in shock, he's never raised his voice at me before.

"I-I, he was dying"

He grows angrier.

"I should have never sent him to be your bodyguard, you just could not wait for him to touch you?!"

My eyes tear up, "W-what, no!"

"You are mine, your beautiful body, your spirit it's mine! The blood that runs through your veins belongs to me!"

"Did it feel nice hmm, when he sunk his fangs!"

"I bet it hurt, I bet it was excruciating! Because only your mate can bring you pleasure from that, only I can make you tremble from something as sadistic as drinking your precious blood."

"Is that what you want huh? To satiate myself by drinking from your neck!" He yells. I cower in the corner in fear.

"This is intimate, very intimate, something between two mates!"

"stop" I yell at him scared. He was tall and not human. He could hurt me easily. Break me easily then drink me dry. I am in an unknown place.

He forcefully grabs my wrist and I wince. He drags me towards him. Gone is his control. He laps at the small amount of blood that is staining my chest and despite my fear my body trembles in desire.

Why is this happening to me?

"You like that hmmm" he taunts. Evil almost in his tone. I have never seen him like this.

He is angry. So angry.

He retreats and stares into my eyes.

"Hade will be dealt with accordingly." He states.

"and so will you."

"Tell me what happened."

I shake my head in fear.

He clasps my chin in a hard grip forcing me to come face-to-face with him. Our lips are inches apart. Mint fans my face.

"You will."

I pout and look down.

His lips curl in disgust. "Why are you defending him" he growls lowly.

His eyes swirl with hurt and my heart aches. I never wanted to hurt him.