When We First Met:II

The young prince sits atop his throne a bored look on his face. He twirls a ring subtly in between his slender fingers, his eyes taking in the details of the floor. His sharp eyes immediately snap to the grand doors in anticipation. His spine straightens head raised and crown gleaming with the shine of royalty.

The soft creak of heavy onyx being pushed fills the throne room and in walks his best friend Lance. Lance whom he met a few months ago, is his father his father's advisor.

Lance comes in and greets the king bowing on one knee before him.

"Your majesty" he calls out.

He raises a hand in acknowledgment and he kneels a smile on his face.

"Dorian, it's your seventeenth birthday soon. Much is to be discussed."

Dorian looks away uninterested. It's another grand ball, another boring night for him to be paraded and shown off to the kingdom like a fine piece of china. For subjects to gawk at his heavenly beauty and lust after his bountiful power.

His finger taps on the armrest of his throne awaiting.

"What type of cake would you like? What dancers? Trapeize?...."

His voice droned on as Dorian looked off dazing off. That is until he heard a certain something.

"Your father has requested one of the most beautiful singers in all of Astoria. I heard she is very talented and has the voice of an angel." He muses.

Dorian's blues immediately zero on Lance in a kind of scrutiny. The only voice he knows that can be compared to an angel was her.

The girl he has not seen in years.

A small smirk graces his stoic face. "we shall see."

"As for the rest of the party, I will leave that up to you, such trivial things bore me." He dismisses.

Lance nods.

Dorian taking a swig of the bottle of blood-curdling strong alcohol slams it on the bathroom counter laughing in the mirror his eyes bloodshot. His white teeth gleam as he laughs in a drunken stupor.

He sticks his hand in the sink trying his best to clog the ivory sink. When the sink looks full enough he dunks his head in the water waiting for the magic to take effect. He smiles and dunks his head back up, blonde locks dripping and scleras perfectly white again, red gone.

Sober he was.

Sober indeed. The beating he would have taken had he shown up drunk and humiliated his father in front of his kingdom would have been immense.

But it was his privileges being taken away that forced him to behave.

He heads to his room and goes to his closet putting on a blood-red jaded robe made of chiffon. His slender chest was exposed in a v-neck to his waist and the chiffon was structured around his strong shoulders. His muscular arms were exposed and downed in gold wrung around each upper tricep. The material spun into a loose chiffon pant.

He did indeed look like a work of art his locks sprawled neatly yet fluffed out and the red bringing out the red of his cheeks.

A knock brought Dorian out of his admiration of the soft chiffon fabric.

"Come in."

An older maid comes in looking at the floor.

"I have come to bring you to the party."