The Gamble

Dorian

It was a quiet night after the mayhem of four days. I yelled at my warriors and they were currently searching the entire kingdom. I was angry and frustrated with Briar. But now I had a game plan.

I sat in my bed waiting for night. I will visit her tonight and make her come back. She most likely is out of my lands so I will be able to visit her in her dreams. She can't escape me. I will do anything to her get her back.

Absolutely anything.

Briar Rose

"Unhand me" Ivy screams.

The man holding her grunts.

"Shut up, Ivy, you've done enough."

She stops screaming immediately.

I wish I could see beyond the darkness but a clothed fold snugly wraps around my eyes.

I don't know where we are, or where we're going.

All I do know is that I am in a moving carriage with my hands bound.

"Ivy, Ivy", I whisper.

"Be quiet!"

It's been hours in this position and my limbs are cramping.

The smell of pine has been hitting my nose.

The carriage suddenly comes to a stop.

"Pick her up."

I feel a pair of strong arms lift me in their arms and I squeal in shock.

I'm carried and cling on to shoulders for dear life.

Heavy footsteps and breathing pique my interest.

Strong muscled skin under me and the smell of wood. Werewolves obviously.

I hear a door open and I'm dumped on a cold floor and cringe.

The blindfolds come off and I squint. I am in a room that looks like the living room of a cottage. Mahogany furniture surrounds us and it seems as if we are in a remote location.

I look to my right and see Ivy with a hard glare on her face.

The man with dark skin bends down and smiles in her face.

He has long dreads and pearly white canine teeth. His nose is long and slightly sharp and has cat-shaped eyes. He's very handsome.

His strong hand reaches under her chin and pulls it down to him.

"You came right to me." He laughs.

Ivy glares at him.

"If I stay can you take my friend to the witch's land to meet the soothsayer?"

He runs his hand down her hair.

"I don't think you're in the position to be making demands sweetheart."

He stands up and I see he is very tall and muscular. He has a warrior's build.

"I'll do as you say but you must become luna once and for all."

She snorts.

She's a free spirit. I can't imagine her having to be tied down and become a wife and bear kids. She wants more than that.

Over my time here I read many books on supernaturals and have begun to understand how this world works. Becoming luna for Ivy is signing her life and dreams away.