The Sun God

Dorian

It's quiet. We're on a mountain. It's cold. Can you see the snow, can you see the footsteps? It's a blizzard trying to cover the secrets littering the ground, that told me where she's been. The snow is suddenly gone and the footsteps are clear where she went. The secrets are unveiled.

The secrets are unveiled and she's standing there staring at me.

I look at her with interest, fixation.

"I don't know what to say."

I nod, my blue eyes shining with anticipation, I observe garnering her reaction. "I know it's a lot."

She sits down while looking at the carpet in shock.

She looked at me eyes shining. She feels betrayed no doubt. She feels embarrassed because she loved me, a man she thought was not real. When I held her in my arms I felt guilt in my heart, a heavy heart that carried.

Carried the knowledge that I was making her think she was crazy.

Can you love me again? I wanted it to spill from my eager lips but instead, I purse them for control.

She looks fazed she has her hands out as she is unable to look at me.

Answer me.

Yell at me.

Hit me.

Anything.

She sighs. "I need time."

I nod and get up deciding to leave the room.

I shut the door quietly and it's me and the me in the mirror staring at me in the hallway.

He stares at me taunting me. He's beautiful, isn't he? But he looks so sad?

Briar Rose

He dropped it in my hands and told me to get rid of it. I am afraid I might be gone before I can.

I have no idea what on earth to do with this. I need to figure this out.

I am marrying him in a week and it's all too much for me.

I fell in love with a man I thought I created in my head, in my sleep.

I fell in love with him centuries ago.

I died.

I fell back from heaven.

I am here now.

It's all too much.

Isn't it?

I walk to the bed in the middle of the room it feels like the room is getting darker as I approach it. I fall on top of the bed.

It's all too much.

He loves me too much.

I scream in a rage tearing the old clothes I have on.

Fuck this.

I am screaming in anger.

Can I handle it?

I see a bottle of wine on the nightstand. I never drank alcohol. But I am today.

I open the cork and down it in anger. The bitterness goes down my throat, it burns but oh it feels so good.

I sit on the edge smiling.

The room is getting darker on the edges like a photo.

Like that photo of me when I had my first ice cream. That photo in black and white that my parents kept.