Alice

Infodump at the end of the chapter.

It was a good day.

"Allie! Earth to Allie!"

Blinking, Alice looked up at her friend Asteria. "Oh, hey, Ria."

Asteria gently scratched under her white blindfold as she asked, "What happened earlier? I just was passed by the principal who was mumbling something about taking a vacation."

Alice giggled sheepishly. "I accidentally sassed my English teacher who thanked me for making his day better, but another teacher outside came in and ordered me to the main office."

Asteria's mouth dropped open. "You actually sassed a teacher?!"

"Yeah. I was upset about having to read something again that didn't have a good plot, and I was tired. Aunt Lily had me try on a new outfit late at night because I had the same proportions as the customer's kid."

Asteria shook her head, quickly adjusting her blindfold as it slipped slightly.

"Your mom isnae going to be happy." Asteria let a bit of her mother tongue slip out.

Alice smiled and shrugged. "She's used to it."

It was a good day.

-----------Notes-----------

Name: Alice Angel-Smoke

Parents: Irene Angel and Ian Smoke

Species: Nine-tailed Angel coyote

Personality: Very cheerful, creative, yet secretive about herself and her family. However, she can get sassy when she or her friends are made fun of or when tired.

Friends: Asteria Frost-Ro'meave (Known by just Ro'meave at school, Best Friend), Esmeralda Frost-Porter (just Porter at school), Max and Joshua Frost, Tami Larrson (Second best friend) FallenSmoke (Darkside, Sister figure)

Appearance: Blue to lavender hair, ears, and tails, pale lavender wings with teal, one red and one green eye, fair skin, with a blue star mark on her cheek.

Notes: gained her mother's gentle look so she is often underestimated until she calls on FallenSmoke.

----------------------------------

Name: Asteria Frost-Ro'meave

Species: Cat species shifter (limited to dragon, cat, and fish/mermaid)

Parents: Lily and Lucy Frost-Ro'meave (adopted)

Personality: A shy yet scary young girl

Friends: Alice Angel-Smoke (Best Friend), Esmeralda Frost-Porter (just Porter at school), Max and Joshua Frost, Tami Larrson (Second best friend)

Appearance: deep pink to black hair with an orange streak, one pastel blue eye and one frost blue eye, pale skin, deep pink-with-white-tipped tail

Notes: nearly blind in the frost blue eye, was a young 'experiment' at the orphanage Lily and Lucy found her at but was adopted and the place reported before any lasting damage to person or mind could take place to any of the kids. She was sent once to the office for fighting a kid who tried to remove her blindfold.